Jawbreaker > Oasis > The Beatles

_Bagel

40 minutes ago, Depf said:

these fellas read putzi before we took ova.

@_Bagel the beautiful,  @Elisa the godmother and myself, big depf. It's a thing of ours.

Hijack? Bye Jack!

Big Depf on the 1's and 2's.

Hahaha - Hey Mikey, how's your boy?

Fuckfaceitis, ever find a cure?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, _Bagel said:

Every. Single. Thread - hijacked 

Easy, we're making a western here.

FB-IMG-1615408762024.jpg

I don't mean to sound unloyal, I know we hijacked another thread, but all due respect T, how come instead of running off to the mountains we don't use the gabagool you got hidden to pay off our bounties and live in peace? Half teh gang don't even have a price on their heads, and we could just share the profits to start new lives. Anyways, I'm off to the saloon to help Depfetto with sumtin at a local joint, I hear there's a broad giving "deluxe" baths for 50 cents HEHEHE

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Depf said:

@_Bagel

I apologize if I offended you. I am a stranger on this board. And I meant no disrespect to you, or your Elisa. I am a blink fan, hiding in this MGK forum. My name is Depf. There are people who'd pay a lot of money for that information. But then your Elisa would lose a bagel instead of gaining a board boyfriend. I want to meet her with your permission and under the supervision of your family. con tutto il dovuto rispetto

What kind  of 3 doors down fan would I be, to refuse a favour on the day of my daughter’s wedding? Now you come to me and say ‘Don Bagel’ let me see the god momma Elisa...but you don’t ask with respect, you don’t offer friendship. When was the last time you invited me round to play super smash bros ? 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

Easy, we're making a western here.

FB-IMG-1615408762024.jpg

I don't mean to sound unloyal, I know we hijacked another thread, but all due respect T, how come instead of running off to the mountains we don't use the gabagool you got hidden to pay off our bounties and live in peace? Half teh gang don't even have a price on their heads, and we could just share the profits to start new lives. Anyways, I'm off to the saloon to help Depfetto with sumtin at a local joint, I hear there's a broad giving "deluxe" baths for 50 cents HEHEHE

Hahahah I didn’t know we had BANKSY in our midst. Majestic work of art. I stare at this like Bobby baccala stares at Junior. Or like how Bobby baccala’s bellyyyy stares at me through the screen. 

You bring this up now? At my mother’s wake....Jesus Christ. Always with the scenarios, this one. Go to that animal depfetto, I can’t even say his name. Enjoy getting your weasel greased - see if I care. Whilst you’re in Valentine, bring me back some of that OJ with some pulp in if you see any. Some pulp...

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Q182 said:

Well this escalated quickly...again

@_Kyle_So Blake went to prison? What happened with that?

I googled it and I found a forum where people were discussing this, I think it happened in 2015 but they don't really know what he went to prison for

4 hours ago, Elisa said:

I googled it and I found a forum where people were discussing this, I think it happened in 2015 but they don't really know what he went to prison for

I also found the same thing. It said he spent time in the hole, but didn't specify for what. I did read something that someone who interviewed Jawbreaker in the 90's talked to him at one of his solo shows right after he got out. They said he smelled of alcohol, so they inferred that it was something substance related. Other than that, I couldn't find anything else.

4 minutes ago, Q182 said:

I also found the same thing. It said he spent time in the hole, but didn't specify for what. I did read something that someone who interviewed Jawbreaker in the 90's talked to him at one of his solo shows right after he got out. They said he smelled of alcohol, so they inferred that it was something substance related. Other than that, I couldn't find anything else.

Yeah, they tried to look up the charges on the San Diego county website but they were either sealed or unavailable so I guess we'll never know, but he definitely went to prison because he talked about it on Facebook - according to those fans.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 5:08 PM, Q182 said:

Well this escalated quickly...again

@_Kyle_So Blake went to prison? What happened with that?

yeah, he apparently fucked somebody's car up? he was on a podcast and talked about it. they apparently had to cancel a 2015 tour because of it. said he got beat up in there too. 

On 3/6/2021 at 2:48 PM, _Bagel said:

Never heard of Banner Pilot, will have to check them out if they're of a similar vibe.

Banner Pilot are sick, but I think the vocals can turn a lot of people off.

Spanish Reds, Alchemy, Division Street, Intervention, Letterbox, Fireproof, and Effigy are all great tunes.

Probably my favourite band to listen to while snowboarding. One of the better bassists in punk rock today IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

What are other similar bands to Jawbreaker? This type of music is probably my favourite niche genre (honest, raw, underproduced punk). Hot Water Music and The Loved Ones are probably the closest out of the bands I listen to. 

Check out Banner Pilot (as previously mentioned), Dillinger Four, Husker Du, The Lawrence Arms, and Hudson Falcons

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Q182 said:

Check out Banner Pilot (as previously mentioned), Dillinger Four, Husker Du, The Lawrence Arms, and Hudson Falcons

I love Banner Pilot and the Lawrence Arms. The new Lawrence Arms album doesn't sound great after a couple of listens though.  I've heard a few Dillinger Four songs on Spotify playlists, but I'll check out the rest, thanks! 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Historic find !

Found this very recently, Blake dedicating the song "Bivouac" to Kurt Cobain. This archive is dated from April 9th 1994 at Redmond Old Fire House

"Thanks a lot. This song is dedicated to Kurt Cobain because he was a really cool guy. It's not really my right to give an eulogy but I think that he's a very cool troubled person"

• Love 1

On 1/25/2024 at 8:25 AM, Thibaut182 said:

Historic find !

Found this very recently, Blake dedicating the song "Bivouac" to Kurt Cobain. This archive is dated from April 9th 1994 at Redmond Old Fire House

"Thanks a lot. This song is dedicated to Kurt Cobain because he was a really cool guy. It's not really my right to give an eulogy but I think that he's a very cool troubled person"

Motherrrrrrr

Unreal

• Love 1