Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 1 - (10) Rancid vs (23) Paramore

Patient #48273

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 1 - (10) Rancid vs (23) Paramore  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Rancid vs Paramore

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/12/21 at 08:30 PM

You can vote for the band you like more or based on who is better specifically as a pop punk band. Voter’s choice.

No minimum post count required; anyone can vote, but one person = one vote (i.e., no sock accounts… or if you do vote from a sock account, you can’t also vote from your main account).

Voting closes at 3:30pm Eastern Time on Friday, March 12th.

I think Rancid is actually punk adjacent, unlike Paramore, but I loved Paramore's last album an incredible amount so, I voted for them. 

• Like 1

Just now, Patient #48273 said:

And that's why they should lose.

Yet it's okay for Alkaline Trio and the Ramones? A goth emo band and a 70s kiddy band?

Rancid has a better resume, at least their heavy on the punk side of pop punk.

• Like 1

Just now, Patient #48273 said:

Rancid is poser bait as much as the Ramones are.

I 100% agree with this. 

Plus, There's not that many Rancid songs that I actually like, Time bomb and say goodbye to my heroes is like the only ones I can think of right off bat, paramore on the other hand has been great all through their career. And Hayley is one amazing vocalist.

• Like 1

Paramore because their last album was great and i have fond memories of when they dabbled in pop punk in their early career. have not listened to Rancid in 5ever, might change my vote if i feel like relistening to them this week.

Rancid all the way

I can't stand Paramore and I can't stand Hayley's voice.

Rancid was one of my favourite bands back in the day when I was also all into street punk. I loved them & still have an affection, even if I don't listen to them much anymore. But I finally got to see them live in 2017 and they were amazing.