Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 2 - (2) New Found Glory vs (15) Lagwagon

Patient #48273

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Round 2 - (2) New Found Glory vs (15) Lagwagon  

34 members have voted

1. 1. New Found Glory vs Lagwagon

• (2) New Found Glory
    • (15) Lagwagon

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/21/21 at 07:30 PM

6 minutes ago, Depf said:

Todays empires tomorrows ashes-supporting cast is DA BOMB.

What is this? A guy named speedo from Texas doesn't like the thrash ?Whats wrong my friend?

BALLS TO THE WALLS!!!!!

I like catchy, I've never been a fan of their hardcore style.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Depf said:

it sits right in the middle of the holy trinity of their best albums.

Propagandhi made me go pro Animal rights and actually learn to play great guitar. purina hall of fame is my favorite ever solo.Furious. Emotional.

I gotta give the later albums another spin. I loved supporting cast a lot bit then just kinda forgot about them.

The last one ... Victory Lap ... I think? It isn't very good. They usually have a song or 3 that I like but that one didn't have have anything. 

2 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

I'm really not a big fan of Lagwagon, have to go with new found glory on this one, I think I have one song of theirs in my playlist

2 hours ago, Maddey said:

I’ve also struggeled a bit to *get* the lagwagon hype tbh. I think the songs I’ve checked out sound all right and all but none of them has been anything near blowing me away

Try the Blaze album.  It took me until that one to dive in fully, and then the rest opened up more like Dude Ranch did to Blink after listening to the Toypaj/Enema stuff.

• Like 1

NFG is my favorite band to see live. I don’t even listen to them that much but their concerts are my absolute favorites to attend. Better than blink, better than my other favorite bands. It’s the perfect energy. Not too crazy, not too mellow, lots of energy and lots of fun and positive vibes. I can’t get enough of NFG shows. They completely shatter my depression and make me feel so extremely happy, at least for one night. Can’t wait to go to another one someday. They get my vote for sure.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, prankerd14 said:

I feel like lagwagon will always be the tony hawks pro skater 1 hit wonders.. 

New found glory are more consistent and have way more better songs.. easy choice!

New found glory is the lesser version of the all American rejects

• Love 1
  • Crab 1

32 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So basically Lagwagon is like a shite cover band of NFG. Doesn’t matter who came first because according to you guys Mozart invented pop punk.

I am genuinely surprised you don't like Lagwagon, they might be a bit too mature for your taste but they're pretty damn upbeat punk rock stuff at the same time.

4 minutes ago, Lagwagon isnt yours Speedo said:

I am genuinely surprised you don't like Lagwagon, they might be a bit too mature for your taste but they're pretty damn upbeat punk rock stuff at the same time.

I don't see them being @Ghent's style at all ... not in a bad way or anything, he strikes me as someone who goes for the more formulaic approach of mainstream than something like Lagwagon that sometimes jumps all over the place. Which is why I assume something more even keeled like Taylor Swift is more approachable for him and why California and Nine would be a step in the right direction for Blink, rather than what Tom was doing.

• Like 1