Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Quarterfinals - (3) Descendents vs (11) My Chemical Romance

Patient #48273

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Quarterfinals - (3) Descendents vs (11) My Chemical Romance  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Descendents vs My Chemical Romance

• (3) Descendents
    • (11) My Chemical Romance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/24/21 at 07:30 PM

You can vote for the band you like more or based on who is better specifically as a pop punk band. Voter’s choice.

No minimum post count required; anyone can vote, but one person = one vote (i.e., no sock accounts… or if you do vote from a sock account, you can’t also vote from your main account).

Voting closes at 3:30pm Eastern Time on Wednesday, March 24th.

15 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

ehhhhh I know and enjoy more MCR songs but this one could go either way for me. Sooo...

CMc3cOm.png

For both bands! (but more for Descendents as I'm less familiar with them)

(for MCR) because everyone knows the Black Parade for the most part, I'd recommend Bulletproof Heart, Planetary (GO!), Summertime, and The Kids from Yesterday all off of their album, Danger Days

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

MCR, another band that are cool to trash but are pretty iconic.

They did a horrendous misstake scrapping Conventional Weapons and releasing Danger Days instead though. They had an opportunity to ride on the success of black parade with an album (with great songs) that incorporate their earlier sound mixed with the black parade sound. Instead, they ended up releasing the mess that is danger days. 

16 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

ehhhhh I know and enjoy more MCR songs but this one could go either way for me. Sooo...

CMc3cOm.png

For both bands! (but more for Descendents as I'm less familiar with them)

Descendents: Bikeage, Coolidge, In Love This Way, Jean Is Dead, Suburban Home, Hope, Cool To Be You, Mass Nerder, Can't go Back, 'Merican. I could go on for days. 

MCR: Demolition Lovers, Headfirst for Halos, Give 'Em Hell Kid, Famous Last Words, Thank You for the Venom, It's Not a Fashion Statement, Disenchanted.

• Like 1
  • Love 1