• Cheetah Girls?
    • 3LW
    • O-Town
    • Christina Aguillera ;)
    • Jessica Simpson
    • Aaron Carter (he beat Shaq tho)
    • other

2 hours ago, Jan the Mods Gatekeeper said:

Yeah, that stuff is all cool he's sustained it is incredible, but his most impressive to me is that he basically wrote the 3 biggest bands in America's hits for one stretch - Backstreet, Britney, NSYNC

They were so massive and about no one knew that, that's why the Max Martin thing is so crazy to me. On top of all the hits for every other famous artist, it's crazy. 

If you watch his 2 hr interview not too long ago, basically his only one, he seemed most proud of that stuff, and then had to reinvent himself with everything you hear now.

Yeah, he’s the most successful one from the cheiron team, yet he’s the most humble and down to earth. You can tell that the success hasn’t gone to his head. Andreas Carlsson feels more cocky to me for example

But what I meant was that just like the boy bands had Max Martin to thank for their success, the likes of Katy Perry and Taylor Swift has too. He is a super human lmao

3 minutes ago, Jan the Mods Gatekeeper said:Yeah I didn't even know about Taylor Swift tbh.  I thought Katy Perry was his main modern hit.  

I think it's funny that he was just a huge Abba fan too that inspired all his early pop stuff.

Yeah, he’s behind almost all of her biggest pop hits.

His latest no 1 was Blinding Lights with The Weeknd 

2 hours ago, Jan the Mods Gatekeeper said:

I think it's funny that he was just a huge Abba fan too that inspired all his early pop stuff.

the Swedes do pop better than anyone else does.

• Love 1

On 3/27/2021 at 2:00 PM, Patient #48273 said:

Fearless is her best-selling album though. Obviously she had more crossover success with Red and 1989, but she was still massively popular before that.

She was, and the country-lite sound that gave her first audience still bought albums rather than, you know, stole them. They were less computer literate and it was the very, very last part of the decade that people still bought albums ... to some degree. Her sales probably were less because she actually got more broad in sound but her live sales probably went crazy as she more mainstream and pop. It would be interesting to see sales of modern artists if they had the marketplace of the late 90s. 

3 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

Remember when Eminem went almost double platinum in a week? Shit was crazy

This is just a quote from when I googled his album sales but “Eminem is the best-selling hip hop artist of all-time and the best-selling artist of the 2000s with US album sales at over 32.2 million during the decade. His worldwide albums and singles sales stand at over 220 million, making him one of the best-selling music artists worldwide.”

That’s crazy