• 3LW
    • O-Town
    • Christina Aguillera ;)
    • Jessica Simpson
    • Aaron Carter (he beat Shaq tho)
    • other

On 4/2/2021 at 9:31 AM, Mr. Perfectly Fine said:

The 90s were broken and I miss them.

I think the 90s might have been such a vibe because everyone felt the 'real' world was coming to an end with the rise of technology, instinctually we knew, I'm not really kidding either.

18 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

No, it's just because you were a child then and nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

Yes, I get that Patient, and that is at large why everyone favors their generation whether it be the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s, but what I'm saying is the exponential growth of technology and computers from 90s to late 2000s to now is incredible and scary.  It's not like any type of growth before it.  Our lives went from a cool little game box that played games time to time to full consumption of our everyday lives and 'avatar' on social media which many identify by on our little hand held phone/computer. 

It's a different existence altogether. 90s was the last of the real human interactions for the full decade.  I think instinctually, we knew it with how fast computers were growing.

2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Well, yes and no. The rise of technology isn't nostalgic, new shit was way cooler then than a new iPhone release today

That too, we've climaxed a bit as society, everything nowadays is a remake or reboot, and new technology releases we are accustomed to and crave it like we do picking up orange juice at the grocery store. 

Early 2000s everything was new, so like the Matrix, new Xbox, instant messaging, cheesy futuristic music videos, texting all blew our socks off.

Now we're just kind of used to it and out of ideas

5 minutes ago, Speedo likes Rise Against said:

Yes, I get that Patient, and that is at large why everyone favors their generation whether it be the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, or 90s, but what I'm saying is the exponential growth of technology and computers from 90s to late 2000s to now is incredible and scary.  It's not like any type of growth before it.  Our lives went from a cool little game box that played games time to time to full consumption of our everyday lives and 'avatar' on social media which many identify by on our little hand held phone/computer. 

It's a different existence altogether. 90s was the last of the real human interactions for the full decade.  I think instinctually, we knew it with how fast computers were growing.

Right, but I think that analysis only works in hindsight. I don't think many people in the '90s realized how much things were changing or thought that the "real" world was coming to an end.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Speedo likes Rise Against said:

That too, we've climaxed a bit as society, everything nowadays is a remake or reboot, and new technology releases we are accustomed to and crave it like we do picking up orange juice at the grocery store. 

Early 2000s everything was new, so like the Matrix, new Xbox, instant messaging, cheesy futuristic music videos, texting all blew our socks off.

Now we're just kind of used to it and out of ideas

I still remember when my next door neighbor got playstation 1. I had Sega 8 bit myself. 

"What th is this? Games on a cd? yeah that will be a flop". 😂

• Like 1

Just now, Patient #48273 said:

Right, but I think that analysis only works in hindsight. I don't think many people in the '90s realized how much things were changing or thought that the "real" world was coming to an end.

Well I don't think so either knowingly, but that bit of sadness Speedo was referring to I think may have been us instinctually seeing the rise of technology and where this could lead.

This is a stretch though, it could definitely have just been shitty parenting like any 90% with boomer parents.

3 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I still remember when my next door neighbor got playstation 1. I had Sega 8 bit myself. 

"What th is this? Games on a cd? yeah that will be a flop". 😂

I never got on board with playstation until PS2 though, I remember my neighbor had that ps1 with the portable screen on it I thought was so dumb but also slightly jealous of.

I remember the early 90s. I knew what computers were and that people had mobile phones in their cars. I thought it was an adult thing. And when I was 6 I started playing games on my computer and I heard about people getting smaller mobile phones and heard about the internet. I think that's when I realized the world was changing. I also realized cds were easier to get than cassettes. It was disturbing. 

• Wow 1