Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Semifinals - (8) Alkaline Trio vs (12) Motion City Soundtrack

Patient #48273

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Semifinals - (8) Alkaline Trio vs (12) Motion City Soundtrack  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Alkaline Trio vs Motion City Soundtrack

• (8) Alkaline Trio
    • (12) Motion City Soundtrack

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/28/21 at 07:30 PM

11 minutes ago, raw_sounds said:

All you MCS fans can you recommend me some of their songs? I have been lazy to hear their stuff, i like mostly skate punk Pennywise like, or darker stuff like Alkaline Trio Misfits

I'd recommend some early stuff, Don't Call It A Comeback, Red Dress, The Future Freaks Me Out, Let's Get Fucked Up And Die (LG FUAD) and When You're Around. 

18 minutes ago, raw_sounds said:

All you MCS fans can you recommend me some of their songs? I have been lazy to hear their stuff, i like mostly skate punk Pennywise like, or darker stuff like Alkaline Trio Misfits

skater kinda vibe: don’t call it a comeback, her words destroyed my planet, @!#?@!

darker: days will run away, happy anniversary, hold me down

14 minutes ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

Listen to I Am The Movie first, it's better.  CTTM was just so cool because Mark was behind it

too late, I'm 8/12 songs in. So far very few songs stand out, but I like L.G. FUAD quite a bit

• Like 1

15 hours ago, raw_sounds said:

Some of my favorites, paying no attention to style

Everything is Alright, Hold Me Down, My Favorite Accident, This is For Real, Hello Helicopter, Make Out Kids

• Like 2

I know Mark produced MCS they're a decent band and shit, but Matt is in the damn band now. He could be checking this board to see what we write about him. Imagine he came in here and saw MCS getting lots of votes against them? How would we look as fans? Don't know we when we vote in these also have to look at Blink Online's legacy? I'm just asking.

• Crab 1

6 minutes ago, thongrider said:

I know Mark produced MCS they're a decent band and shit, but Matt is in the damn band now. He could be checking this board to see what we write about him. Imagine he came in here and saw MCS getting lots of votes against them? How would we look as fans? Don't know we when we vote in these also have to look at Blink Online's legacy? I'm just asking.

I shit talk everyone, Mark isn't special.

Just now, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don’t like the MCS singer’s voice. I think that’s a big part of why I’ve never been able to enjoy them.

Literally my favourite vocalist haha

I would actually put these two in the same exact ranking.  A good off brand of pop punk to their own respects, one more keyboardey and one more dark vibes.  

I enjoy about 8 songs by each pretty well, but could never really care enough to have the patience to listen to their whole discography.

MCS - My Favorite Accident is such a phenomenal song I'm surprised more aren't hyping that one. 

Future Freaks Me out was a good radio song when it came out.

Alkaline - my try hard side says Radio because it's a good song but Time To Waste would be my go to.  I would want to try Alkaline more again (I think someone recommended a pop punk song by them Anxiety or something? That was easily my favorite by them so wondering if there's any more like that @Russel Coight).

Some stuff by both is so skippable though.

4 minutes ago, Jan the Gatekeeper said:

I would actually put these two in the same exact ranking.  A good off brand of pop punk to their own respects, one more keyboardey and one more dark vibes.  

I enjoy about 8 songs by each pretty well, but could never really care enough to have the patience to listen to their whole discography.

MCS - My Favorite Accident is such a phenomenal song I'm surprised more aren't hyping that one. 

Future Freaks Me out was a good radio song when it came out.

Alkaline - my try hard side says Radio because it's a good song but Time To Waste would be my go to.  I would want to try Alkaline more again (I think someone recommended a pop punk song by them Anxiety or something? That was easily my favorite by them so wondering if there's any more like that @Russel Coight).

Some stuff by both is so skippable though.

I think you mean Armagedon