Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Semifinals - (8) Alkaline Trio vs (12) Motion City Soundtrack

Patient #48273

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Semifinals - (8) Alkaline Trio vs (12) Motion City Soundtrack  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Alkaline Trio vs Motion City Soundtrack

• (8) Alkaline Trio
    • (12) Motion City Soundtrack

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/28/21 at 07:30 PM

1 hour ago, Jan the Gatekeeper said:

Alkaline - my try hard side says Radio because it's a good song but Time To Waste would be my go to.  I would want to try Alkaline more again (I think someone recommended a pop punk song by them Anxiety or something? That was easily my favorite by them so wondering if there's any more like that @Russel Coight).

Since you meant Help Me I don’t really know much else to recommend as that’s about as poppy as they go. Try ‘She Lied to the FBI’ I think you might like that one.

3 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I don’t like the MCS singer’s voice. I think that’s a big part of why I’ve never been able to enjoy them.

That's my biggest takeaway so far...it grew on me over the album listen, but I was just kinda bored by his style.

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

This version of Radio is so good that the normal version sounds wrong to me now

I love this song so much

• Love 1

Not that there was much chance of me voting against Alkaline Trio, but I just tried to give MCS an honest chance and I don't know what it is but I can't stand this band. I tried to get into them 15ish years ago because my friends liked them and I couldn't get into them back then either. I know they're a band that people who like the same music that I like generally love, but for some reason I just really don't like them.

Anyway, Alkaline for the win.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Not that there was much chance of me voting against Alkaline Trio, but I just tried to give MCS an honest chance and I don't know what it is but I can't stand this band. I tried to get into them 15ish years ago because my friends liked them and I couldn't get into them back then either. I know they're a band that people who like the same music that I like generally love, but for some reason I just really don't like them.

They're cheesy af. Sometimes I can handle it and enjoy it but they're definitely getting overhyped in here.

Despite the subject matter that is "so heavy/edgy" to some, they generally sound like they could easily transition to writing the Disney or nickelodeon theme songs on TV.

They're brilliant. Easily some of the best lyrics, catchy as hell, sonically change each album, just hands down a great band. 

I can totally get people not liking them, that's chill. But they're very talented. 

Theres loads of bands that others like who like stuff I like that I can't get into. Fucking loads frankly. It's all subjective. 

• Like 2