Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Semifinals - (2) New Found Glory vs (3) Descendents

Patient #48273

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Semifinals - (2) New Found Glory vs (3) Descendents  

33 members have voted

1. 1. New Found Glory vs Descendents

• (2) New Found Glory
    • (3) Descendents

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/28/21 at 07:30 PM

2 minutes ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

Nothing Gold Can Stay (1999) · New Found Glory (2000) · Sticks and Stones (2002)

The fact is, we listened to these guys growing up.  Speedo is just really ancient and old so it's a bit of an outlier, 90% of this board would be more able to recognize and remember NFG than Descendants.

Of course I remember NFG more than a Disney movie I never saw. 

I remember that time I went to buy Catalyst when it came out. Realized I wanted Cool to Be You instead and it changed my life. 

Also it was a play on the "name albums" hipster thing. 

Just now, thongrider said:

Of course I remember NFG more than a Disney movie I never saw. 

I remember that time I went to buy Catalyst when it came out. Realized I wanted Cool to Be You instead and it changed my life. 

Yeah but I believe you, you always talk about these bands.

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I'm not trying to dissuade votes. I'm at peace now that the Ramones (terrible, not pop punk) and NOFX (sex offender band) are out.

I'd just prefer to see actual pop punk bands that people listen to proceed, but that's just me.

My point exactly!

5 minutes ago, Jans Yang Wagon said:

Nothing Gold Can Stay (1999) · New Found Glory (2000) · Sticks and Stones (2002)

The fact is, we listened to these guys growing up.  Speedo is just old so it's a bit of an outlier, 90% of this board would be more able to recognize and remember NFG than Descendants.

I listened to NFG before I listened to Descendents. I was a sophomore in high school when the new wave pop punk came out. Ghent and I are literally the same age.

Covers of the Descendents are better than the actual Descendents in most cases. They are one of those bands. I respect them for their influence, but they are pretty shitty. For example:

• Crab 1

Just now, thongrider said:

I've never heard someone cover the Descendents and be better than the original. 

You and Speedo could probably make a band and be as good as the Descendents. You should try it

29 minutes ago, thongrider said:

Let's not forget Myage

So I was auditioning a bassist once, we gave every band auditioning one of our songs and a cover of their choice. This dude chose Myage. I didn't know it, so I listened to it a bunch to make sure I was tight with it to see how well he did. I ended up hating the song, he totally fucked up his own choice, and it was my top Spotify song that year for my trouble. 

I like Descendents but that song can fuck off forever. 

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1