Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Championship - (12) Motion City Soundtrack vs (2) New Found Glory

Patient #48273

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Championship - (12) Motion City Soundtrack vs (2) New Found Glory  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Motion City Soundtrack vs New Found Glory

• (12) Motion City Soundtrack
    • (2) New Found Glory

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/21 at 06:00 PM

7 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

How does a band have an impact on a genre without influencing other bands? How does that work?

Impact can mean a lot of things, popularity was the main thought that came to mind, they made pop punk a continually popular thing at the time, they left a legacy in terms of hits and albums people picked up during that era.

I am not backpedalling either, I did not mean influence, I don't know anyone they influenced.

3 minutes ago, Jan Nation said:

Impact can mean a lot of things, popularity was the main thought that came to mind, they made pop punk a continually popular thing at the time, they left a legacy in terms of hits and albums people picked up during that era.

I am not backpedalling either, I did not mean influence, I don't know anyone they influenced.

They didn't do this, they mainly benefited from the commercial success of Green Day and blink.

• Like 4

What I love about brackets is how it's never anyone's first choice. The winner is usually a band most people aren't remotely jazzed about. Makes me think the whole process is flawed but whatevs. 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

What I love about brackets is how it's never anyone's first choice. The winner is usually a band most people aren't remotely jazzed about. Makes me think the whole process is flawed but whatevs. 

That's makes it exciting, but I don't think it's accurate. 

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

Yeah, it was never meant to determine most people's favourite, it was meant to inspire arguments and pettiness.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, Kay said:

#polls

Bulletproof. 

Haters gonna hate.

But no, this way is more entertaining just time consuming, that's why I put Patient on it.

11 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

They didn't do this, they mainly benefited from the commercial success of Green Day and blink.

Yes but they were still mega popular amongst the genre, you still needed the NFGs to support the genre outside blink and green Day (who went less pop punk as time went on anyways, green Day definitely went more just alt rock to me). That is impact to me, being one of the more popular bands. MCS was pretty solid but they were not in the same level as NFG if I'm not mistaken.

6 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

We should do another tourney again soon with different matchups/brackets and more bands. We missed a lot of solid pop-punk bands this time around. 

I really hope we do not redo this whole thing just to have different seedings and matchups, the results will be nearly the same and if not does anyone care that much outside of Lagwagon's loss?

To go through this whole process?

I don't.  Your team doesn't always win, that's what keeps it fun.

31 minutes ago, Machine Gun Skelly said:

Just changed my vote from NFG to MCS because this whole poll has been ridonkulous from the get go. I haven’t even listened to one MCS song in my life , nor could I name one lol. But yea they’re the winners here. (Thumbs down)

Yep, I gave up a while ago!

3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Motion city soundtrack? You fucking serious? I can’t look at this place atm. I can’t stomach you cunts

Don't pretend NFG are worthy either. come on. 

NFG are top tier pop punk imo. I'm honestly surprised that every blink fan isn't automatically a New Found Glory fan. They practically sit in the same space on the pop punk spectrum. Not in terms of popularity, but in terms of the kind of pop punk they make.

New Found Glory are great live but their music is waaaaay too repetitive and bland. Not many albums have stayed with me from my teenage years like I Am The Movie, Commit This To Memory and Even If It Kills Me.

However, if both bands put out a song tomorrow, I know whose song would absolutely suck. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2