Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Championship - (12) Motion City Soundtrack vs (2) New Found Glory

Patient #48273

Battle of the Pop Punk Bands - Championship - (12) Motion City Soundtrack vs (2) New Found Glory  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Motion City Soundtrack vs New Found Glory

• (12) Motion City Soundtrack
    • (2) New Found Glory

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/02/21 at 06:00 PM

21 minutes ago, Jan Nation said:

Wow, to think a pop punk championship thread diverged into this, must have been a pretty poor thread, let's change the subject and talk about that why don't we? 

It all started as a pop punk championship and ended with you asking if you should drop jalapeño juice into your pee hole or your anus first. Congrats Jan, you have won the internet. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

not even this song?

No that one I’ve heard, I did a dive on that recommended songs thing on Apple Music that bases the suggestions on what you have on your playlist (Spotify have had that feature for years) maybe a year ago and found this one, understatement, hold my hand and their cover of kiss me. But haven’t really heard any of it before other than maybe this song. But I didn’t know that it was NFG, I thought it was maybe SR71 or something haha

edit: I also found some songs of some band called With Confidence that way, moving boxes is one and that something is the other one. I really liked that

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Radiosurgery is the last NFG album I listened to. It's definitely more of the same from them, but it's got a handful of fun songs.

I forgot this album existed. I actually really liked it. It was always on in my ex’s car so maybe I just blocked out the memory.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Which is a shame 'cause MCS can't tie their own.

it would be funny if this were true. if you play guitar (or bass) just play through their catalog. the songwriting talent is evident. i get that some people can't connect with justin's lyrics (he can be a bit of a one trick pony with the self effacing mental health and substance abuse woes) but you'd have to be quite a rube to not pick up on their tune skills.

40 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

it would be funny if this were true. if you play guitar (or bass) just play through their catalog. the songwriting talent is evident. i get that some people can't connect with justin's lyrics (he can be a bit of a one trick pony with the self effacing mental health and substance abuse woes) but you'd have to be quite a rube to not pick up on their tune skills.

He just writes about his life so the topics make sense. His lyrics are crazy good - relate to it or not, you should still be able to recognise how good they are. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Kay said:

He just writes about his life so the topics make sense. His lyrics are crazy good - relate to it or not, you should still be able to recognise how good they are. 

oh i love every word he's ever put down, kay. i was just given speedo a soft out to be nice.

• Love 1

7 hours ago, daveyjones said:

oh i love every word he's ever put down, kay. i was just given speedo a soft out to be nice.

This is where I differ from a lot of music listeners. I'm pretty much exclusively looking for something fun and catchy and fast. I don't pay much attention to lyrics anymore, I found that I've out grown a lot of the artists that used to inspire me lyrically. Laura Jane Grace being a prime example... I used to live by her words in the early Against Me! records, they meant everything to me. Now I'm in my 30's, I've got bills, kids, a wife ... I just no longer relate to it like I used to and no one is really writing songs about HOA fees and missing trash pick up. That's why I love the traditional pop punk bands, stupid, fun songs I can tap my foot too and feel like I'm not 10 years away from a midlife crisis. They're nothing special,definitely an acquired taste but it's what butters my bread. 

6 minutes ago, Jan Nation said:

Can someone please verify that My Favorite Accident is their best song or in your top 5 though? I thought this was a no brainer but no one has backed me on this yet.  I play it ever summer, they still can get fucked in this comp

It's an okay song, but definitely not in their top 5.