2021 New AVA Album Thread

With #BigThingsComing we probably need a separate thread. Here is what we know...

-The album is officially done, and will have 10 songs.
-Rebel Girl and Kiss & Tell are on the album (they will be remastered)
-Mixed by Rich Costey
-First single "Euphoria" will be coming in the next few weeks
-More songs may be coming/added (Aaron Rubin said "There were others, but better to release quality than quantity"

I will add/update as needed, but it's happening!!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't wait for this. i don't care how many songs we get. with blink, we got around 30-40 songs the last couple years and i don't want to listen to the majority of them.   you guys obses

I'm not sure I will be able to fully appreciate this album without the accompanying young adult novel and short film... It's important to me that AVA albums are a full multimedia experience.

You guys are thinking too hard! Tom : Jordan - the visionary, pushing for greatness and artistry, also slightly obsessive and insane and capable of annoying the shit out of his teammates Mar

Posted Images

I’m really surprised RG/K&T are on it tbh, though I’m curious to hear them sequenced on the album to see how they fit. 

It’ll be really hard to top K&T for me, and as others have said it’ll be a bit of a bummer if those are the best songs on the album. But, they’ve spent a lot of time on this, so hopefully we’re in for a treat.  We will find out very soon with Euphoria.

• Like 2

Now most bands release 10-track albums and it's pretty rare to have an album where 10 songs out of 10 are perfect, I'd settle for 5 or 6 good songs (Rebel Girl and K&T included).
And if there is just a tiny bit of the BCR and/or punk sound he's been hyping for years, that's a win.

I don't really have any expectations, but this is the first time since I-Empire probably that he sat down and took his time to write an album - when he wrote the two LOVE albums and The Dream Walker he had a million other things going on in his life -  so this still has the potential to be good. 

• Like 1

I'll give it a spin purely because I loved Kiss and Tell a shit ton but Rebel Girl and ATLIL were absolute wank so my expectations are mixed haha. 

I'm still putting Rebel Girl in my top 10 AvA, it just came out of nowhere it had the blink Tom heart in it that's been so long forgotten, and knocked the shit out of 90% of modern blink songs.

Tom was the balls in blink, Travis was the explosive talent, and Mark was the rhythm and level headedness

• Like 1
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Im hyped. It's also gonna be very interesting to hear the work of Rich Costey, I think he did a really good job on NINE. 

Oh god it's the same guy?! Ffs

• Haha 2
  • Crab 1

Can’t wait to see them live again and hear some of the new songs played. After a year of covid lockdowns and bullshit I need some new in my life.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

They’ve been an active band during this recording process though so that excuse doesn’t really work. 

Yet blinks excuse of Covid was good enough for you (at least a handful of you) for matt Skiba not to be present?

I mean I don't picture them as an active band ever since Love but that's just me, what we get is what we get. Tom does too many 'projects'