2021 New AVA Album Thread

41 minutes ago, Rebel Girls United said:

Yet blinks excuse of Covid was good enough for you (at least a handful of you) for matt Skiba not to be present?

I mean I don't picture them as an active band ever since Love but that's just me, what we get is what we get. Tom does too many 'projects'

What? Those are completely different things. I don’t care if the Ava songs are just Tom, Tom and Ilan or the whole band working on them. But they basically promoted themselves (again whether that’s just Tom or the whole band doesn’t matter) as working quite hard and writing a lot especially over the last 12 months and having it equate to actually not much and still using songs form 2+ years ago just seems like it’s laziness to me.

I’ve said the exact same thing about Quarantine being on the next blink release many times and that’s only half as old as Rebel Girl so I don’t know why you’re trying to turn this into a skiba-blink vs Tom thing. It’s not. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

can't wait for this. i don't care how many songs we get. with blink, we got around 30-40 songs the last couple years and i don't want to listen to the majority of them.   you guys obses

You guys are thinking too hard! Tom : Jordan - the visionary, pushing for greatness and artistry, also slightly obsessive and insane and capable of annoying the shit out of his teammates Mar

I'm not sure I will be able to fully appreciate this album without the accompanying young adult novel and short film... It's important to me that AVA albums are a full multimedia experience.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rebel Girls United said:

Nine was good production, if that's what they're doing, would be good for AvA

Yeah, the fevers album with of monsters and men sound so gooooooood as well. I’m really hoping they got him to do the whole album and not just the lead single. 

30 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

What? Those are completely different things. I don’t care if the Ava songs are just Tom, Tom and Ilan or the whole band working on them. But they basically promoted themselves (again whether that’s just Tom or the whole band doesn’t matter) as working quite hard and writing a lot especially over the last 12 months and having it equate to actually not much and still using songs form 2+ years ago just seems like it’s laziness to me.

I’ve said the exact same thing about Quarantine being on the next blink release many times and that’s only half as old as Rebel Girl so I don’t know why you’re trying to turn this into a skiba-blink vs Tom thing. It’s not. 

Did you actually expect them to be writing a new full length album? I guess I never did.  I just gave up on that long ago.  8 songs is basically exactly what I expect or 0 songs tbh

43 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

They could have had 30 songs written for the album that where scrapped due to not fitting with the rest of the material, we don’t know.

You have to remember that this album already would be out if it weren’t for covid too, it also doesn’t make sense to scrap the songs if they were intended for the album from the start just because the album got pushed back a year. 

They could have chosen to put all that’s left is love on the album as well making it 11 tracks but chose not to do so, which points to them having some sort of quality control and that could be why there are “only” ten songs on the album.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Rebel Girls United said:

Did you actually expect them to be writing a new full length album? I guess I never did.  I just gave up on that long ago.  8 songs is basically exactly what I expect or 0 songs tbh

I got pretty much exactly what I expected. But I had seriously hoped that Tom would just shock everyone and put a huge amount of effort into what he was doing for once which just left me feeling disappointed in him again.

I’m sure the songs will still be good but that’ll in turn make me feel even more disappointed with how much more we could get if Tom went in 100%.

I’ve been one of the people preaching yes the three songs will be on it and yes it will be 10 songs this entire time and hopefully if we were lucky it got bumped to 12-13 songs because of the extra time they had, but in the back of my mind I was hoping there was some 5% chance Tom went off during quarantine and made a double album and they were keeping it a big secret.

59 minutes ago, Rebel Girls United said:

Wasn't the last double album he did Love 1&2? And it was pretty trash? Give me Chasing Shadows all day and that was like 5 songs.

I have a gut feeling this might be the next one of those iterations with the RG/K&T vibe and I'm all for it.

He made love 1 / 2, neighborhoods, dogs eating dogs all in about three years.

Three years since he started in early 2018 should be plenty of time for one double album of great quality...

51 minutes ago, NotNow said:

He made love 1 / 2, neighborhoods, dogs eating dogs all in about three years.

Three years since he started in early 2018 should be plenty of time for one double album of great quality...

When is the last time you put out a record?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, PrickWhoLooksCatatonic said:

Bit of a pointless attitude, Toms entire career is based on the fact that he's a musician and songwriter, he also has a band and a shit load of money, not remotely comparable. 

Although expecting a double album is laughable, I just wanted 10 new songs. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Kay said:

Bit of a pointless attitude, Toms entire career is based on the fact that he's a musician and songwriter, he also has a band and a shit load of money, not remotely comparable. 

Although expecting a double album is laughable, I just wanted 10 new songs. 

Yea as I said I wasn’t expecting a double album I was one of the people expecting 7 new songs sure that was it, I said back of the mind 5% hope because why not. Who doesn’t want a double album?

1 hour ago, PrickWhoLooksCatatonic said:

what an asinine comment

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

can't wait for this. i don't care how many songs we get.

with blink, we got around 30-40 songs the last couple years and i don't want to listen to the majority of them.

you guys obsess about songquantity way too much. I had more fun listening to rebel girl and kiss and tell this last year than all of cali/dlx/nine combined.

if he has 8 strong songs on this, that would be awsome, if it's only 3 so what. 3 great songs are 3 great songs. 

Anyway I'm pretty sure I am going to enjoy the hell out of the release, and I am sure a lot of you guys are going to find a couple new theories why it's bad and tom is a fraud and has lost the plot.

Also hyped for the documentary, the trailers looked sick and tom is still always funny in those

i love tom 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Neal said:

Anyway I'm pretty sure I am going to enjoy the hell out of the release, and I am sure a lot of you guys are going to find a couple new theories why it's bad and tom is a fraud and has lost the plot.

Also hyped for the documentary, the trailers looked sick and tom is still always funny in those

i love tom 

Yeah, you can't really argue with someone that thinks he lost the plot when he's literally being professional lol. There will definitely be more findings on how he's lost it.

------------

I'm so ready for this, they're finally back, and they're finally feeling like a "band" again for the first time since the blink reunion ruining it

• Like 3

There’s nothing wrong with wanting more songs by one of your favourite artists. I enjoy the majority of the 30-40 songs blink has released these last few years. I wish there 30-40 Tom songs I could enjoy too. That would be amazing.

Remember initially in that first stretch of the 2019 tour he said half the album was done, and it would be tied to a movie...assuming that is not the case (thankfully imo). Wonder if that decision scrapped or withheld any material? 

Also wonder if “Time Bomb” made it, that was teased in the documentary trailer a long time ago. 

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Remember initially in that first stretch of the 2019 tour he said half the album was done, and it would be tied to a movie...assuming that is not the case (thankfully imo). Wonder if that decision scrapped or withheld any material? 

Yeah this is why I never bought the whole “the album is only delayed because of Covid”. I watched an interview today where Tom said the album and movie would release right after New Year’s Day 2020 which would mean they would have to have both been finished before the US went into lockdown which obviously didn’t happen. Covid definitely delayed the eventually writing/recording of the album but it was delayed because of something else before that all happened.

I'm genuinely shocked at people's expectations here.  I completely gave up on blink/Tom/AvA as soon as the final split after DED.  Anything after, California/Skiba/DW/CS were all surprises or pretty drastic changes to me not to know what to expect.

I don't know if it's just me but they've all felt like just different entities since then, I knew my life was not going to be waiting for blink music and obsessing over it anymore.  Times had changed.  Tom's fucking his friend's wives now.  I only expected a giant reunion album to end it, which I don't think we are ever getting..

Not that you can't have a 14 track album, I just feel like it's 2005 in here with the way people are talking.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I will be able to fully appreciate this album without the accompanying young adult novel and short film... It's important to me that AVA albums are a full multimedia experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4