Collection of post Blink departure, Scott interviews

Johnsfavoriterecords

14 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

Maybe the songs would have been the same as enema, but the sound wouldn’t have been as long as Scott was in the band. The sound they were going for with enema can’t be done with a drummer like Scott.

we don't know how much influence scott had on the songwriting. i think as long as jerry finn was a part of the equation, the outcome would have been similar. scott had become a much better drummer by the time he had quit. 

• Like 2

On 4/25/2021 at 12:21 PM, wannabe corn dog said:

we don't know how much influence scott had on the songwriting. i think as long as jerry finn was a part of the equation, the outcome would have been similar. scott had become a much better drummer by the time he had quit. 

Na, no way. Scott was never anything on Travis’s level. Sure, some people prefer that sound of blink with the more straight forward drumming, and that’s fine. But he is no where near Travis’s talent in regards to drumming and arranging the songs. Finn wouldn’t have been able to take water and make it into wine with Scott. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Johnny Two Bags said:

Na, no way. Scott was never anything on Travis’s level. Sure, some people prefer that sound of blink with the more straight forward drumming, and that’s fine. But he is no where near Travis’s talent in regards to drumming and arranging the songs. Finn wouldn’t have been able to take water and make it into wine with Scott. 

mutt is one of the best songs on the record and scott wrote the drums parts for it. i know travis is nearly untouchable but he wasn't playing anything scott couldn't on that record. 

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

2 hours ago, wannabe corn dog said:

mutt is one of the best songs on the record and scott wrote the drums parts for it. i know travis is nearly untouchable but he wasn't playing anything scott couldn't on that record. 

Lol wrong

1) Travis’s version of Mutt is noticeably different and much more complex than Scott’s version. It’s a lot more tight and solid drumming, makes the song much better.

2) Scott could absolutely not play everything Travis does on the record, not even close. 

you’re entitled to your opinion but you’re out of your mind right now!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2021 at 9:21 AM, wannabe corn dog said:

i think as long as jerry finn was a part of the equation, the outcome would have been similar.

Now that I think about it, like people entertaining how Enema would've sounded with Scott, Imagine how Dude Ranch would've turned out If they hired Jerry Finn instead of Mark Trombino. How different would that have turned out?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

There was an interview Scott did on a youtube podcast called Blink-155. Through unlikely circumstances, Scott agreed, but remained firm that he did the interview via email, much to the dismay of the podcast, as they insisted on doing an audio one. Scott answered some questions, but had either not answered or had his responses left out regarding Blink in any fashion. 

• Sad 1

On 4/27/2021 at 8:26 PM, Johnny Two Bags said:

Scott could absolutely not play everything Travis does on the record, not even close. 

Not unless he took the time to learn them. :3 Completely different drummers, but it wouldn't be out of the question I don't think.

• Like 1

Found this on Reddit from youthcrew182: 

"I talked with a guy here on the blink sub who used to work around/with Scott and his most recent band before he left. He said he is a very private and positive guy but really likes his privacy. He did say, however that he is very nice and knows people really love and appreciate him for his time in blink and that he signs things for fans all the time but always says he just doesn’t want to talk about his time in the band. Apparently he is very happy with where his life has gone!"

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I haven't seen this footage posted before in this thread, but here's a clip of Scott being interviewed for a segment on Recovery on the Coffs Harbour Showground date (January 15th 1998) on the Australian Warped Tour 1998.

This is the only footage in my archives of Scott being interviewed without the rest of the band 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

8 hours ago, Brannigan said:

https://www.angelfire.com/punk/kenny/blink/interview/warped_1994.htm Interview of Scott During the Cheshire Cat days. Somewhat unrelated, but pretty cool nonetheless.

i have a copy of this issue of warped magazine. it's from june 1995. i don't have it handy but here is an older scan. open in new tab for full size.

blink-warped-mag-95.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 5/10/2021 at 2:43 PM, saco0o said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Music/comments/128111/blink_182_josie/c6t0khg/
WTF?? This is all new to me
(this is right above last guy's link)

as someone who knew scott back then, some of this is true and some of it was misremembered.

the heels incident was from a party at the hotel coronado and josh freese and/or brooks wackerman of the vandals filled in for the shows scott missed. two of these shows i was at (i remember it was josh, anne's book say it was brooks). this was fall 1996. a year and half before he left the band. i personally gave mark a get well card to give to him and i personally heard about the accident from him. much of dude ranch was recorded while scott was injured.

travis filled in on some dates on sno-core in the spring of 1998, for which the aquabats were openers.

hope that clears some things up.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Ghent said:

It has to be rather notable that when Tom was trying to kick Travis out of blink, the replacement at the time was Brooks Wackerman. (Australian shows)

lol I heard about that. What was the context to that? I read somewhere that afterwards, Tom was apparently blowing off steam and didn't really mean it. But Imagine that, If Brooks joined, we may see them play more DR & CC songs with Brooks Thrashing on the drums like Scott did in the early era.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

New Update!

Saw this update but he's still a legend in my opinion!

"Yeah he ain’t interested lmao. Nice guy, just very private. Gave some mixed signals along the way, still occasionally speak with him. But ultimately he has no interest in doing anything public. However he talks to Tom occasionally which was nice to hear"

• Like 3
  • Wow 1