TOYPAJ 20th Anniversary

boxelder

3 minutes ago, TOYPA meet Krampus said:

Yeah polls can go a lot of ways, Patient was in charge of the seeding, she knows what she's doing to mess with us.

Those weren’t polls in the traditional sense they were the “vote for your least favourite song” each round ones and were run by Yodda. No seeds. Just all the songs on the album with the least favourite being voted off each round. The Rock Show came 7th.

11 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Those weren’t polls in the traditional sense they were the “vote for your least favourite song” each round ones and were run by Yodda. No seeds. Just all the songs on the album with the least favourite being voted off each round. The Rock Show came 7th.

Oh the double negative polls that confused everybody by voting backwards everyday? Yeah of course that's the basis we should go off of, nice try Coight.

18 minutes ago, TOYPA meet Krampus said:

Oh the double negative polls that confused everybody by voting backwards everyday? Yeah of course that's the basis we should go off of, nice try Coight.

Fuck mate if you were still confused by the 12th round of the TOYPAJ polls then you’re a dumb cunt.

Go to bed Jan. You’ve embarrassed yourself enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Threads fine mate. It’s okay to be wrong sometimes just accept it and move on :)

How often do you see anyone talking about Rock Show on here other than its overuse on live sets? Honest question..

Yodda's backing isn't very accurate either due to attendance needing everyone to post.

On 4/30/2021 at 1:31 PM, _Kyle_ said:

I would often cruise the internets for blink fan pages and eventually even made my own (angelfire baby). that was also when the fandom was very vibrant and well, stupid. people would say Tom is quitting (heh) or that Mark was sad again and would be getting divorced and thus blink might be over (or something equally inane). the rumor mill was flowing and people would talk about this mysterious former drummer that left under dubious circumstances. it was all a lot of fun to read blink "quotes" and learn about random trivia about them.

God dammit I miss the old internet.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Thibaut182 said:

https://www.facebook.com/mtvclassic/videos/984591168955613/

Very cool clip from and unseen interview with MTV News in 2001!

I thought Larry Palm was their guitar tech, Mark said he was their drum tech. I even bought the shirt that said Larry Has Herpes from their TOYPAJ tour (my first time seeing them live). It had a picture of Larry on the front and he was holding Tom’s guitars. Either way, wonder if he got paid for naming the album!

On 4/23/2021 at 4:29 PM, Depf said:

Could roller coaster be Marks best ever song post apple shampoo/adams song?

yup.

Looking back, summer 01 was the end of classic blink.

Bringing back an important argument. You see this @_Bagels whipped cream? This couldn’t be more correct! Thus your song Feeling This which came 3 years later couldn’t possibly be classic/vintage blink. Just making sure you know you were wrong lol 

17 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

After the extremely fun Enema 20th Anniversary Tour I was really hoping we’d get a TOYPAJ 20th tour. I guess it still could happen, but I doubt it. The band hasn’t even toured for NINE yet.

I’m absolutely fine with them never touring NINE. Who wants to hear a set list dominated by NINE songs? But at the same time I’m sick of their greatest hits set list, that’s what made the Enema tour sweet. 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2021 at 12:25 AM, _Bagels whipped cream said:

Yes... It's not super loved by any means on here, hence saying it's underrated here, probably because it got so popular. The intro riff gets a little annoying to me but it's a great song through and through.

The intro riff is played throughout the entire song. After first chorus and after last chorus for the outro.  Lol wtf man do you even know what you’re talking about?

On 6/12/2021 at 6:50 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

After the extremely fun Enema 20th Anniversary Tour I was really hoping we’d get a TOYPAJ 20th tour. I guess it still could happen, but I doubt it. The band hasn’t even toured for NINE yet.

"Yet"?? There's no way they ever do a Nine tour at this point haha. I'll be surprised if we ever hear more than 2-3 songs from Nine played live in the future.

I know they did BIOMY and Darkside and I Really Wish I Hated You (totally forgot about that song until scanning the Nine tracklist just now) but did they ever play any others from the album live?

3 hours ago, Champ182 said:

"Yet"?? There's no way they ever do a Nine tour at this point haha. I'll be surprised if we ever hear more than 2-3 songs from Nine played live in the future.

I know they did BIOMY and Darkside and I Really Wish I Hated You (totally forgot about that song until scanning the Nine tracklist just now) but did they ever play any others from the album live?

Nope. At this point Nine will probably get taken out of rotation so whatever new album they come out with they can out those tracks in Nine's place. Mark doesn't like playing a ton of new songs anyway as he's a "I'm a hit guy" when it comes to live shows.

• Like 1