TOYPAJ 20th Anniversary

boxelder

On 6/13/2021 at 12:50 AM, Cheerios4u98 said:

After the extremely fun Enema 20th Anniversary Tour I was really hoping we’d get a TOYPAJ 20th tour. I guess it still could happen, but I doubt it. The band hasn’t even toured for NINE yet.

I'd love to see a TOYPAJ 20th tour, hopefully the UK get something. 

If they rotate STFTK back into the setlist, which I'm sure they will, I hope we get the hear the breakdown they used to play live back in 2004. Loved when they used to introduce extended intro's or outro's you didn't hear on the records.

• Love 1

22 hours ago, madgaz182 said:

Was there ever any demos or unreleased tracks from this album ??

Sadly Blink aren't much of a "b-sides/unreleased material" band, but this album had the most by far when you take into account the extra tracks that were on the different versions of each CD:

Time to Break Up

Mother's Day

What Went Wrong

Fuck a Dog

Don't Tell Me It's Over

When You Fucked Grandpa

Not sure I've given it a proper shout out. This album changed my life. TOYPAJ is honestly the high water mark of blink culture. While some of the subject material didn't age well into adulthood, it shouldn't take away from its legacy. This album perfected blink the brand and provided an identity for all sorts of kids to rally around.

The defining album of pubescent Ghent.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Not sure I've given it a proper shout out. This album changed my life. TOYPAJ is honestly the high water mark of blink culture. While some of the subject material didn't age well into adulthood, it shouldn't take away from its legacy. This album perfected blink the brand and provided an identity for all sorts of kids to rally around.

Same.

That album made me wanna be member of Blink ... I was so fucking cool with my over-sized dickies and hurley shirta.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Sadly Blink aren't much of a "b-sides/unreleased material" band, but this album had the most by far when you take into account the extra tracks that were on the different versions of each CD:

Time to Break Up

Mother's Day

What Went Wrong

Fuck a Dog

Don't Tell Me It's Over

When You Fucked Grandpa

What sucks is neither Tom or Matt would be able to pull off Time to Break Up live. One of the best blink songs ever recorded. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

SAME...It goes without saying that I took the album title quite literally and it turned me into the Faplord that I am today. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/15/2021 at 8:24 PM, Champ182 said:

Time to Break Up

Mother's Day

What Went Wrong

Fuck a Dog

Don't Tell Me It's Over

When You Fucked Grandpa

Yeah it’s a shame no demos or recording footage was released other than the odd cheetah video here and there 

• Like 1

blink also did demos for the album at DML studios in late '00, which is where they laid down the leaked EOTS demos. so certainly there's at least an album's worth of early takes, plus the B-sides. maybe in a few years mark will re-approach his stance on deluxe reissues, but i'd enjoy hearing the early renditions, even if they aren't much different.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

@Kayi am happy to report to you that people are starting to get their limited TOYPAJ hoodies and they are undersized and not one is well-fitted and everyone is mad. so you dodged a bullet!

Gutted for them that actually sucks but, glad I missed out on that mishap haha