First time is the most vintage blink song since Self Titled

Jan Backing Track

Let's be honest, they've tried, and haven't tried, they've made some good hits on Neighborhoods and we appreciate the fuck out of that record (especially in hindsight since they sold their soul to Feldmann and Disney theme music), they came close with Cynical for a split (SPLIT) second (also-overrated movie), they had a quiver here and there on California, Deluxe, & Nine (catering to the Kansas juggalos on here), but ultimately sandwiched it between junk, but nothing comes close since Self Titled other than The First Time.  While it's not a 10/10 song, it's a mid-tier TOYPAJ song, and that is the best compliment you can ever give blink when it comes to modern blink.

Subject matter? Vintage

Melody? Vintage

Instrumental? Vintage

Verse? workable, laid back

Pre-Chorus? Vintage, fresh

Chorus? Jizz in pants levels of vintage

under 3 minutes = sexy

No one cares about lyrics in 2021

This song deserves more love like your mom deserves a Krampus every now and then on Christmas morning (morning sex > nighttime)

• Wow 1
  • Crab 5

I will say it's one of the stronger songs on NINE, and it's better than quite a bit of California. It doesn't touch early blink by any stretch, hell Cynical gets closer than that song. 

4 hours ago, Kay said:

I will say it's one of the stronger songs on NINE, and it's better than quite a bit of California. It doesn't touch early blink by any stretch, hell Cynical gets closer than that song. 

Only for like 5 seconds with Mark's classic verse, then it goes to typical California stuff and the intro didn't age well imo.  I just hear 'Feldmann' guitars now too.

• Crab 1

First Time is an amazing blink song IMO. It's modern and yet it still sounds like a blink song. It's how blink should be sounding in 2021, or 2019 for that matter. It's the most blink sounding song since the smiley face album so i have to agree with the thread title. The part with the 808 drums is quality then Mark comes in, trading vocals back and forth with Skiba. The riff sounds like something Skiba would come up with too, unlike all of California. I still can't believe California is a blink album.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Rebel Girls United said:

Not the drums but that's the same bass effect they use on feeling this if I'm not mistaken.

Feeling This is certainly not Vintage blink. And it had one long drawn out 808 in it. First Time uses multiple 808 to do the actual pre-chorus beats. That is not vintage blink in any capacity

7 minutes ago, Johnny Two Bags said:

Feeling This is certainly not Vintage blink. And it had one long drawn out 808 in it. First Time uses multiple 808 to do the actual pre-chorus beats. That is not vintage blink in any capacity

You're really nit picky, and feeling this is a staple whether you like it or not.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Rebel Girls United said:

You're really nit picky, and feeling this is a staple whether you like it or not.

A staple doesn’t mean vintage. Lol that’s literally the bridge that started the new era of blink, the bridge that ended vintage blink. Use your damn head