Battle of the Blink Videos - general discussion

Patient #48273

Since the bracket needed 32 videos, I added some videos from various side projects (and excluded a few blink videos with very few views). The seeding is based on Youtube views. That's far from perfect, especially for the videos that were released quite recently and the videos that were released long before Youtube existed, but it's a pretty easy metric to use.

Here's the final seeding:

1. I Miss You
  2. All The Small Things
  3. First Date
  4. Adam's Song
  5. Always
  6. What's My Age Again
  7. Stay Together For The Kids
  8. The Rock Show
  9. Dammit
  10. Feeling This
  11. Down
  12. After Midnight
  13. Josie
  14. Bored to Death
  15. Not Now
  16. Up All Night
  17. Man Overboard
  18. When Your Heart Stops Beating
  19. The Adventure
  20. She's Out of Her Mind
  21. There Is
  22. Darkside
  23. I Feel So
  24. Everything's Magic
  25. Anthem Part Two
  26. Heart's All Gone
  27. Secret Crowds
  28. M+M's
  29. Surrender
  30. Do it For Me Now
  31. Kiss & Tell
  32. Thanks, I Hate It

UvD5h7M.png

• Like 6

Get rid of diamonds and guns would be my suggestions. Transplants feel so different as a side project to the rest that it feels weird to see them there. Throw the Simple Creatures video in there instead is what I think. Not that it would win but ya know.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Get rid of diamonds and guns would be my suggestions. Transplants feel so different as a side project to the rest that it feels weird to see them there. Throw the Simple Creatures video in there instead is what I think. Not that it would win but ya know.

Damn, I completely forgot about Simple Creatures. I'd be down to include one of their videos instead of Diamonds and Guns.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rebel Girls United said:

If being serious, Here In Your Bedroom

I'm messing with you because you were upset about Goldfinger not being nominated for the pop punk bands bracket.

Anyhow, I was really surprised to see that I Miss You has the most views- a few million more than ATST. Does anyone actually like the I Miss You video or is that just where people go to listen to the song on Youtube? I feel like I should knock it down a few spots.

Just now, Patient #48273 said:

I'm messing with you because you were upset about Goldfinger not being nominated for the pop punk bands bracket.

Anyhow, I was really surprised to see that I Miss You has the most views- a few million more than ATST. Does anyone actually like the I Miss You video or is that just where people go to listen to the song on Youtube? I feel like I should knock it down a few spots.

I Miss You video was huge back in the day, and was more closer to YouTube's time.  I'm not surprised.  ATST was likely seen more because MTV and VH1 views.

I've switched out Transplants' Diamonds and Guns for SC's Thanks I Hate It. I'm going to start the first polls later this afternoon, so chime in with any suggestions/questions/criticisms before then.

Spoiler
  1. I Miss You
  2. All The Small Things
  3. First Date
  4. Adam's Song
  5. Always
  6. What's My Age Again
  7. Stay Together For The Kids
  8. The Rock Show
  9. Dammit
  10. Feeling This
  11. Down
  12. After Midnight
  13. Josie
  14. Bored to Death
  15. Not Now
  16. Up All Night
  17. Man Overboard
  18. When Your Heart Stops Beating
  19. The Adventure
  20. She's Out of Her Mind
  21. There Is
  22. Darkside
  23. I Feel So
  24. Everything's Magic
  25. Anthem Part Two
  26. Heart's All Gone
  27. Secret Crowds
  28. M+M's
  29. Surrender
  30. Do it For Me Now
  31. Breathe
  32. Thanks, I Hate It

9 minutes ago, Kay said:

I miss you has two ugly bints kissing for no reason, I think that helped the views.

We're going to have to revisit the debate about whether they're actually Mark and Tom in drag.

10 minutes ago, Kay said:

Are you gonna post the videos in each heat for ease?

Yep.

Also, I'm thinking about including Kiss & Tell instead of one of the other AVA videos. Not because I think it's good, just because I think it'll generate more discussion than, like, Breathe, DIFMN or Secret Crowds.

What did Alyssa Milano smell like @daveyjones?? For ...my friend

She left Mark her number and he didn’t call.

Anyway....this is TOUGH. Is there anything more iconic than 3 naked men running around LA? That’s what sparked the fire that led to this exact moment. 

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

We're going to have to revisit the debate about whether they're actually Mark and Tom in drag.

Yep.

Also, I'm thinking about including Kiss & Tell instead of one of the other AVA videos. Not because I think it's good, just because I think it'll generate more discussion than, like, Breathe, DIFMN or Secret Crowds.

I didn't even realise DI4MN even had a video. 

11 minutes ago, Depf said:

See, thats part of the problem.

Wmaa got me into blink. a Josie live performance was on the single and that was the song i kept on repeat.

Seeing half naked Tom Mark and Travis with one eye next to lindemulder in stockings was a big part of my onsetting puberty. Its my go to argument (next to the gay goldfish) that all things lgbt are most likely genetic. if it was conditioning i'd probably have some weird hosiery/blink feti.... 

I'll get my coat.

Grab your mink coat, you’ve pulled.

The video got you into blink then, or just the tune itself ? 

Like some things that are genetic, maybe it’s latent and needs one fantastical thing that triggers it. For your pre pubescent body, that thing was Mark’s nipple piercing. 

20 minutes ago, Depf said:

See, thats part of the problem.

Wmaa got me into blink. a Josie live performance was on the single and that was the song i kept on repeat.

Seeing half naked Tom Mark and Travis with one eye next to lindemulder in stockings was a big part of my onsetting puberty. Its my go to argument (next to the gay goldfish) that all things lgbt are most likely genetic. if it was conditioning i'd probably have some weird hosiery/blink feti.... 

I'll get my coat.

I'd have fucked/been fucked by prime Tom. It's okay.