Battle of the Blink Videos - Round 1 - (8) The Rock Show vs. (25) Anthem Part Two

Patient #48273

Battle of the Blink Videos - Round 1 - (8) The Rock Show vs. (25) Anthem Part Two  

27 members have voted

1. 1. The Rock Show vs. Anthem Part Two

• (8) The Rock Show
    • (25) Anthem Part Two

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/01/21 at 07:30 PM

You can vote for the video you like more or the one you think is technically better. Be as biased or impartial as you like.

No minimum post count required; anyone can vote, but one person = one vote (i.e., no sock accounts). All accounts must have been created before the start of the competition (April 29, 2021).

Voting closes at 3:30pm Eastern Time on Saturday, May 1st.

If you haven’t seen the videos in a long time (or ever), check them out before voting.

not much of a competition here — rock show’s concept is funny but a little exploitive/weird, and flagrantly ridiculous. i guess that was the point but whatever. i like the fisheye lens shots of mark in his glasses though! haha.

wish it was shot on film though, the shots done on videotape look real weird IMO

Anthem Part 2 isn't a real music video for me. It's just a song playing over what the band is playing live. Can't stand them types of music videos.

edit: didn't realise it was actually a live video. I thought it was like the Heart's All Gone video haha. I've seen this performance before though, and it still isn't a real music video to me. One of the best live videos for blink though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, boxelder said:

not much of a competition here — rock show’s concept is funny but a little exploitive/weird, and flagrantly ridiculous. i guess that was the point but whatever. i like the fisheye lens shots of mark in his glasses though! haha.

wish it was shot on film though, the shots done on videotape look real weird IMO

That's what I loved about it at first. 

i remember seeing AnthemPt2 on TRL back in the day, which was pretty cool. 

both videos show the band at their prime in terms of cultural popularity and how far they had taken the band. Rock Show is just too special in that MTV still going strong, pre-9/11 era. really the music industry peaked sometime around this time too. 

• Like 3