What Other Song(s) from Dude Ranch would've been a better Single than Apple Shampoo and Dick Lips?

Brannigan

22 hours ago, Timmy Two Nuts said:

Dammit was an exception and if we’re all real with ourselves, it was never a huge radio smash anyways

Not to get into a classic Diddy back-and-forth about what constitutes a "radio smash," but just to throw out some stats: it hit #11 on the Modern Rock chart and #61 on the Billboard Top 100. Billboard also said it was the second-most played song on KROQ in all of 1998 which meant quite a bit at that time. To me, that's a pretty big radio smash, especially coming from a band who was clearly not on the radio radar at all before the song came out.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Not to get into a classic Diddy back-and-forth about what constitutes a "radio smash," but just to throw out some stats: it hit #11 on the Modern Rock chart and #61 on the Billboard Top 100. Billboard also said it was the second-most played song on KROQ in all of 1998 which meant quite a bit at that time. To me, that's a pretty big radio smash, especially coming from a band who was clearly not on the radio radar at all before the song came out.

What? :o

33 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I appreciate you pointing that out. But my perception is different and could just be because of my location in Michigan. I hate popular radio and MTV now, but back in 1997/1998 I was VERY in tune with it. Perhaps obsessed. And I just never heard of blink until What’s My Age Again started poppin on MTV. That’s not to say Dammit wasn’t all over KROQ out in California. So although it had some decent success, to me I wouldn’t consider it a radio smash simply because I never heard it on the radio, at a time I was always listening to radio and watching MTV/VH1. But again this is just my perception, I am not the law of the land lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Timmy Two Nuts said:

I appreciate you pointing that out. But my perception is different and could just be because of my location in Michigan. I hate popular radio and MTV now, but back in 1997/1998 I was VERY in tune with it. Perhaps obsessed. And I just never heard of blink until What’s My Age Again started poppin on MTV. That’s not to say Dammit wasn’t all over KROQ out in California. So although it had some decent success, to me I wouldn’t consider it a radio smash simply because I never heard it on the radio, at a time I was always listening to radio and watching MTV/VH1. But again this is just my perception, I am not the law of the land lol. 

KROQ had a sister station in Detroit/Detroit metro from like 1997-2005 and they had the same programming. Dammit wasn't exclusive to Los Angeles. 

2 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

KROQ had a sister station in Detroit/Detroit metro from like 1997-2005 and they had the same programming. Dammit wasn't exclusive to Los Angeles. 

What was that station? Again not saying it wasn’t a successful radio song. Simply that I never heard it on radio. 

• 3 weeks later...