Eurovision is back (2021 edition)

Elisa

18 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

So what are your favorite eurovision songs, or from your respective countries qualifications that maybe didn't make it all the way to the eurovision? @Maddey said Rybak was one of her favorites, I remember that I really liked the verses of that song, so catchy

Still mad europe never got to see this masterpiece from some years ago

on a more serious note, this one from France is actually one I still listen to from time to time. It’s so catchyy:

what’s yours?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Maddey said:

Feeling really sorry for the winner regarding all the drug accusations btw. Sucks that it’s stealing so much focus from the actual victory

they were interviewed on tv last night with their manager and they explained that he was bending over the table as a band member had broken a glass at his feet 

5 minutes ago, Elisa said:

they were interviewed on tv last night with their manager and they explained that he was bending over the table as a band member had broken a glass at his feet 

Yeah makes sense! I’ve seen the video in slow mo and to me it doesn’t look like he’s sniffing anything the slightest

• Like 1

19 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

So what are your favorite eurovision songs, or from your respective countries qualifications that maybe didn't make it all the way to the eurovision? @Maddey said Rybak was one of her favorites, I remember that I really liked the verses of that song, so catchy

This one didn't make it to Eurovision a few years ago, it got to the 2nd place, but I think people would have liked it. It's just a fun song, but Max is actually one of our greatest songwriters and bass players. 

@Elisa @Maddey It sucks that the French song and the song elisa posted is not in English. I liked the songs itself. 

I have a bunch of songs in my big playlist on Apple Music. but here is three of all my favorites that didn't make it to eurovision that I listen to often. And The Ark, because, The fucking Ark!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Maddey said:

I’ve been checking out Måneskin more this past week and I’m actually quite surprised (and impressed) by how many good tunes they have. I really like this 

and this

Already becoming a fan tbh, I hope they stick around

I love those two songs. I've been listening to them all week, I'm a big fan too now and they are everywhere on my timeline on all social media haha

In March they released an 8 track album (the one with Zitti e Buoni), it's called Teatro D'Ira Vol. 1 and now their working on the Volume 2, which will come out by the end of the year.
It's crazy that they are 3rd most listened artist in the world right now, it's a Måneskin world domination what can I say lol

Coraline and Morirò da Re are two other great songs

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Elisa said:

I love those two songs. I've been listening to them all week, I'm a big fan too now and they are everywhere on my timeline on all social media haha

In March they released an 8 track album (the one with Zitti e Buoni), it's called Teatro D'Ira Vol. 1 and now their working on the Volume 2, which will come out by the end of the year.
It's crazy that they are 3rd most listened artist in the world right now, it's a Måneskin world domination what can I say lol

Coraline and Morirò da Re are two other great songs.

Nice. I’ll be ready for the Volume 2 as well, haha. I’m really impressed by how confident and mature they sound when they’re barely past twenty. Hard to believe they’re so young. Were they well known in Italy before they entered Eurovision as well?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maddey said:

Nice. I’ll be ready for the Volume 2 as well, haha. I’m really impressed by how confident and mature they sound when they’re barely past twenty. Hard to believe they’re so young. Were they well known in Italy before they entered Eurovision as well?

I'm sure it will be great, now they have fans all over the world, but I hope they just won't give up on singing in Italian because I think it works really well for them.

They've been known for 3 or 4 years but they really blew up in 2021.
Their 2018 song "Torna a casa" was one of the most overplayed songs on radios and tv in Italy that year but I never paid attention to them because the song was WAAAY overplayed I thought they were just the usual Italian pop/rock band. I was so wrong!

• Like 1