Rank the Post-Reunion Releases

Meltdown Tracker

4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

So, Ride the Lightning vs. Metallica or One Hot Minute vs. Stadium Arcadium ... where do you stand on those? 

Are either of these EPs, Speedo?  DED and Neighborhoods are so eerily similar in quality (yes DED has a couple songs I like way more than most of Neighborhoods) but we're still talking older dying cat Tom and depressed/defeated Mark with rawer production, which is specific only to DED and Neighborhoods, making the distinction so silly to me.  I always grouped them together for the most part.

Just now, Jan is lost on Lost said:

Are either of these EPs, Speedo?  DED and Neighborhoods are so eerily similar in quality (yes DED has a couple songs I like way more than most of Neighborhoods) but we're still talking older dying cat Tom and depressed/defeated Mark with rawer production, which is specific only to DED and Neighborhoods, making the distinction so silly to me.  I always grouped them together for the most part.

You made the point to count tracks, not me. EP/LP was not a standard you set.

3 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Not the same. EP/Albums are meant to be viewed as a collection of songs that make up one full product. How you like the individual songs determines how you rate the full product. A single is normally just a song off one of those to promote them. The one song is the product so you don’t take into account cohesiveness, how the songs flow into each other etc.

Okay, then take the best 5 songs on Neighborhoods - call it Neighborhoods A, take the next 5 songs you like call it Neighborhoods B, then rank them against DED.  You can skip songs guys, there's several ways to do it nowadays, sometimes even by voice command.  very easy.

Let's not act like we all sit down and listen to albums on the record player start to finish anymore.

The edge is real in every countdown/ranking thread in here.

6 minutes ago, Jan is lost on Lost said:

Okay, then take the best 5 songs on Neighborhoods - call it Neighborhoods A, take the next 5 songs you like call it Neighborhoods B, then rank them against DED.  You can skip songs guys, there's several ways to do it nowadays, sometimes even by voice command.  very easy.

Let's not act like we all sit down and listen to albums on the record player start to finish anymore.

Dude people just like DED why are you trying so hard? Neighbourhoods wasn’t released in two separate parts with the good and bad songs it was released as neighbourhoods. Some people like DED better. It’s okay.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Dude people just like DED why are you trying so hard? Neighbourhoods wasn’t released in two separate parts with the good and bad songs it was released as neighbourhoods. Some people like DED better. It’s okay.

Better watch out, Jan is gonna make another terrible argument and call you edgy again.

• Like 1

Just now, Jan is lost on Lost said:

I know you are feeling threatened by all the edginess in here, it's okay, this will always be your title.  Enjoy your minions.  🤘DED or die.

This doesn't make any sense, Jan.

If I'm an edgelord, why would I feel threatened by edginess? 

Are you drinking belligerently again, lol?!

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Jan is lost on Lost said:

Most people like 2-3 songs on DED, most people like 5-6 songs on Neighborhoods.  I'll take the 5-6.  To each their own.

It's quality over quantity IMO.

I would absolutely take 2-3 songs on DED that I rate 8/10 on the Blink scale (relative to their best work) over 5-6 songs that are in the ~7 range. 

41 minutes ago, Jan is lost on Lost said:

But the thread is asking us to rank the releases as a whole. Not “which section of these is the best if you cut out the bad tracks?” To me every song on DED is great. Not every song on Neighborhoods is great. As a whole DED is better to me.

And yes, I listen to albums from start to finish often. Especially EPs because they’re shorter!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Weiiiird bro. Did you know this song was written by Prince? I’d never even heard of this song, but literally two minutes after seeing this post, I clicked on a random Prince article on Facebook: 

7-D572274-D9-A3-47-E0-B983-59-F124109-A3

The world is a funny place sometimes!

I think it’s silly to differentiate Cali and Deluxe. Call it one Album. I want to say I like neighborhoods and DED better because they featured Tom, but if we’re being honest they’re just not better. They are bland and boring records. Blink-182 should be enjoyable, like Cali. But not NINE. Throw all these records in the trash can. Cheshire Cat - TOYPAJ or bust!

1 minute ago, Timmy Two Nuts said:

Weiiiird bro. Did you know this song was written by Prince? I’d never even heard of this song, but literally two minutes after seeing this post, I clicked on a random Prince article on Facebook: 

7-D572274-D9-A3-47-E0-B983-59-F124109-A3

The world is a funny place sometimes!

I did know that! I believe he wrote quite a few hits for other artists around that time. Prince was a fucking boss, man. I love the Bangles, one of the best bands ever.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kay said:

Yeah I've never understood the DED hard on. It's a collection of meh songs which is sonically more cohesive, that's all. Disaster isn't good at all, Pretty Little Girl has that terrible rap in it, Boxing Day is alright for a smash mouth cover, and I frequently forget the other two exist. 

Because it’s four tom produced songs + dogs eating dogs.