Rank the Post-Reunion Releases

Meltdown Tracker

38 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I've always thought of California and Deluxe as two separate albums, even though obviously the styles are very similar. But once I learned that they weren't B-sides from the original sessions or anything, and that they came from an entirely new writing/recording process a year after California, that settled it for me. I think they even said at the time that they consider it a separate album as well and only released it as California Deluxe because contractually the label wouldn't release another "new album" so soon after Cali.

Nice, I didn’t realize that 

• Like 1

Even though I do consider California disc 2 a separate album from disc 1, I’m actually glad it wasn’t “officially” a new album because I would have been so much more disappointed if it was. Worst blink release of all time imo. Ironically I don’t hate the songs that everyone here seems to hate. Parking Lot is fine. Wildfire is good.

• Crab 1

15 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Even though I do consider California disc 2 a separate album from disc 1, I’m actually glad it wasn’t “officially” a new album because I would have been so much more disappointed if it was. Worst blink release of all time imo. Ironically I don’t hate the songs that everyone here seems to hate. Parking Lot is fine. Wildfire is good.

Wildfire is good!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The lows are low.  The highs are better than California.

Wildfire is a top post Tom song, I don't get the hate either.  Just the main chorus is a bit meh, but besides that, it's a banger.  Only song from Cali/Deluxe I'll still throw on.

Parking Lot was just the worst thing to come after hoping for a change from Cali.

6 hours ago, _Bagels cream cheese said:

The lows are low.  The highs are better than California.

Wildfire is a top post Tom song, I don't get the hate either.  Just the main chorus is a bit meh, but besides that, it's a banger.  Only song from Cali/Deluxe I'll still throw on.

Parking Lot was just the worst thing to come after hoping for a change from Cali.

Parking lot is pretty fucking awful. I dunno what's worse, that or Quarantine.

• Crab 1

6 hours ago, _Bagels cream cheese said:

As someone who thought California was full of too many whoa-ohs and na-nas, I think them releasing Parking Lot first was the funniest thing they could have done. I wasn’t even mad because I just thought it was hilarious that they did that 😂

25 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Parking lot is pretty fucking awful. I dunno what's worse, that or Quarantine.

I hated Parking Lot when it came out, HATED it, but I can say I'd rather throw that Feldmann fap session on than Blame It On My Youth or watch the Darkside video. Quarantine was just whatever, dumb, but I'm not losing sleep.

15 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

As someone who thought California was full of too many whoa-ohs and na-nas, I think them releasing Parking Lot first was the funniest thing they could have done. I wasn’t even mad because I just thought it was hilarious that they did that 😂

I wouldn't give them that much credit, many tried saying it was intentional, I don't buy it.  Generational Divide was their petty intentional song about 'fans not understanding them woes'

13 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Quarantine is probably the most forgettable blink song to me. Or the newest Christmas song.

Christmas song was a jam.  They had a moment there.

On 5/26/2021 at 4:15 PM, Champ182 said:

I've always thought of California and Deluxe as two separate albums, even though obviously the styles are very similar. But once I learned that they weren't B-sides from the original sessions or anything, and that they came from an entirely new writing/recording process a year after California, that settled it for me. I think they even said at the time that they consider it a separate album as well and only released it as California Deluxe because contractually the label wouldn't release another "new album" so soon after Cali.

Same here

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Quarantine is probably the most forgettable blink song to me. Or the newest Christmas song.

Quarantine is a top 5 all-time blink song. It’s fast, loud guitars, and culturally relevant lyrics. You couldn’t want anything more from your favorite punk rock band! Enough of the whiny Always bullshit 

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Don’t think I’ve listened to quarantine since it came out. Decent song. Nothing special.

Same. In fact, I don't remember anything about it. I don't even recall if I thought it was okay or not.

On 5/24/2021 at 6:03 PM, Timmy Two Nuts said:

Lol who the fuck takes the time to listen to HAG interlude. Even If She Falls is one of the stronger songs though. So yes, me personally, I count the deluxe version, and I think most others here are too. I actually forgot it was technically a deluxe. 

Even if she falls is the one song all my casual blink friends who stopped paying attention after 2004 loved. Literally every single one I played it for loved it. It should’ve been the first single. And yet, they didn’t even put it on the standard issue album. Idiots.

• Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 3:25 PM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Actually, yes, you're right, forgot about the new Christmas song. So I guess that is worse than Parking Lot and Quarantine as I actually remembered those.

• Haha 1