Best pop punk song of all time nominations

Meltdown Tracker

19 hours ago, Cum said:

I had a Spotify playlist going and this gem popped up. This song stands out to me because, for some reason, it's always one of the main songs that comes to mind when I think of the late 90s/early 2000s mainstream pop-punk movement. 

Also, this thread was a bit of a bust. Needs moar nominations if we go ahead with the bracket. 

The vocalist, Mitch Allan, actually went on to be a very successful producer and songwriter. #funfactsnooneelsethanmecareabout

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Can't tell if you're being your normal whimsical self or you've missed the reference, just in case. 

D'oh, whimsical yes but the point well and truly vaulted over my head. Wasn't even aware of anything else they've done - bar the MJ cover. This song is welcome, welcome.

• Love 1

24 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Okay.

It sounds way too similar to “Makes No Difference” by Sum 41 which was released first. And I guess the singer of SR-71 has been responsible for writing shitty pop songs for tons of shitty pop artists, which I didn’t realize, but my original analysis checks out lol 

1 minute ago, FAPLORD said:

It sounds way too similar to “Makes No Difference” by Sum 41 which was released first. And I guess the singer of SR-71 has been responsible for writing shitty pop songs for tons of shitty pop artists, which I didn’t realize, but my original analysis checks out lol 

This is more of a conversation than I ever intended or care to have about the song. It's a good song, I like it. I don't have any further arguments or analysis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FAPLORD said:

So do a lot of shit songs. But don’t let me stop you from your SR-71 fetish!

I like SR71. I especially like their last album that was recorded in 2003 but didn't get released until way later. Their original version of 1985 is superior to Bowling for Soups as well imo

2 hours ago, _Bagel said:

D'oh, whimsical yes but the point well and truly vaulted over my head. Wasn't even aware of anything else they've done - bar the MJ cover. This song is welcome, welcome.

They've got a few good ones. These Days was another solid single, and some of their first record had some good bits if I recall... I haven't checked it out in a bajillion years tbh lol

58 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I like SR71. I especially like their last album that was recorded in 2003 but didn't get released until way later. Their original version of 1985 is superior to Bowling for Soups as well imo

Pretty much anything is superior to Bowling For Soup lol 

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Hey man I’m not hating, enjoy what you like! 

Haha I didn't mean it like that! More like, I haven't heard this album I really liked a couple of years ago for a while and really digging it right now. And a little bit of a recommendation since this album didn't get released in the states until 2010, and it doesn't sound anything like that right now song 🥰

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Depf said:

I forgot how much of a guilty pleasure bowling for soup are. I like em

Lets add emily to the list

They’ve got bangers. That tune, 1985 - that’s no joke.

Debbie just hit the wallllllll

Also who’s Emily? You have a sister ? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

They’ve got bangers. That tune, 1985 - that’s no joke.

Debbie just hit the wallllllll

Also who’s Emily? You have a sister ? 

They have so many great songs. They won a Grammy for their version of 1985 too right? 

The great burrito extortion case is amazing start from finish

• Wow 1

11 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

They have so many great songs. They won a Grammy for their version of 1985 too right? 

The great burrito extortion case is amazing start from finish

Their version...is 1985 a cover??