Is No It Isn't the best song written by any of the band members since the 2004 breakup?

Meltdown Tracker

Was just listening to that.  It's one of the better ones, not the greatest in 2021 I'd say though, for it's times, yes.

Natives, Kaleidescope, Even If She Falls, Rebel Girl/K&T, Voyager, Overload, Wolfpack, few other AvA, all of +44, Wishing Well, LID, First Time, Heaven, Wildfire, Last Train Home

I just realized this may be a troll thread.

1 hour ago, _Bagels whipped cream said:

Was just listening to that.  It's one of the better ones, not the greatest in 2021 I'd say though, for it's times, yes.

Natives, Kaleidescope, Even If She Falls, Rebel Girl/K&T, Voyager, Overload, Wolfpack, few other AvA, all of +44, Wishing Well, LID, First Time, Heaven, Wildfire, Last Train Home

I just realized this may be a troll thread.

Putting any of the latest AVA stuff on a best of list is tough.

• Crab 1

No. 

I like it, and it's emotional considering everything, but it's musically boring and lyrically pretty cringe in places. It's not the best +44 song and I'd put some of Neighborhoods ahead of it. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kay said:

No. 

I like it, and it's emotional considering everything, but it's musically boring and lyrically pretty cringe in places. It's not the best +44 song and I'd put some of Neighborhoods ahead of it. 

To me it was the most interesting and biggest departure in tone for any of the members (moreso the original demo than the final version). The Neighborhoods/DED era felt more heavy handed and less organic in terms of the shift in style to AvA/Blink hybrid. 

Amazing song. It's definitely one of the best blink related songs since the start of blink IMO. I'm a huge fan of that +44 album and I believe literally every song on it is a masterpiece. I do prefer When Your Heart Stops Beating, Lycanthrope, 155 and Little Death over the other tracks though. +44 definitely has the best blink related album since the smiley face album.

It's a shame blink never progressed that +44 sound after Neighborhoods/Dogs Eating Dogs (obviously it was blending in with the AVA sound too). I'm a big fan of that sound. If Tom ever comes back, i really hope we get the album Neighborhoods was supposed to be. That's a long shot though.

3 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Amazing song. It's definitely one of the best blink related songs since the start of blink IMO. I'm a huge fan of that +44 album and I believe literally every song on it is a masterpiece. I do prefer When Your Heart Stops Beating, Lycanthrope, 155 and Little Death over the other tracks though. +44 definitely has the best blink related album since the smiley face album.

It's a shame blink never progressed that +44 sound after Neighborhoods/Dogs Eating Dogs (obviously it was blending in with the AVA sound too). I'm a big fan of that sound. If Tom ever comes back, i really hope we get the album Neighborhoods was supposed to be. That's a long shot though.

tenor.gif?itemid=12280920

It'll happen.  It must happen.

• Love 2

Kaleidoscope.  I maintain it's not only their best post breakup song, but quite possibly their all around best song of any era.  Which I always find humorous because initially I wasn't much of a fan of the song at all, was definitely a grower for me, but once it clicked, it quickly rose among the top of my favorite blink songs.

• Like 2
  • Crab 1

3 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Kaleidoscope.  I maintain it's not only their best post breakup song, but quite possibly their all around best song of any era.  Which I always find humorous because initially I wasn't much of a fan of the song at all, was definitely a grower for me, but once it clicked, it quickly rose among the top of my favorite blink songs.

It still has noticeable flaws though. Boring bridge, no lead guitar riff (unless you count the power chords Mark wrote), and a repetitive chorus from Tom.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cum said:

It still has noticeable flaws though. Boring bridge, no lead guitar riff (unless you count the power chords Mark wrote), and a repetitive chorus from Tom.

Disagree.  Honestly, I'd say that No It Isn't has some real noticeable flaws, but I know you'd disagree too.  That's the fun thing about opinions, everyone has got one and no one is wrong for having them.

19 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Disagree.  Honestly, I'd say that No It Isn't has some real noticeable flaws, but I know you'd disagree too.  That's the fun thing about opinions, everyone has got one and no one is wrong for having them.

I’d agree No It Isn’t has flaws. Almost every song has flaws. To me, No It Isn’t is the most interesting, fresh, and genuine song Mark has written since the original breakup.

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

I’ll have what you’re smoking 

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

I’ll have what you’re smoking 

Chapter 13 is definitely the stand out from the +44 record to me, but Kaleidoscope is probably my favourite post reunion blink track. It noticeably has elements from all 3 of them and it all comes together quite nicely. There's little touches I appreciate throughout like the small lead line that comes in around the second chorus, the drum outro from Travis, the dynamic shifts and opposing feel from Tom and Marks parts, no glaringly shite lyrics from either of them. 

I'm not saying the song is perfect or amazing, but for me basically every post Untitled release has some sort of asterix on it. "this song is good, but you can tell Tom had nothing to do with it" "this song is okay but Marks chosen guitar tone is terrible" "this song had so much potential, do you think Tom wrote it for blink originally?" "eurgh, that lyric is terrible" "this sounds like a +44 song" "this sounds like Tom forced an AVA song on them" etc etc... 

Kaleidoscope sounds to me like it exists because of their issues, not inspite of them. It wouldn't have existed like this before the break up, and I'm glad it is how it is. 

• Like 2