Is No It Isn't the best song written by any of the band members since the 2004 breakup?

Meltdown Tracker

Gah, everytime I think Neighborhoods or give it a listen I can't stop thinking about how well it's aged.  Every year it gets better and better. Some pure songs on there you just don't get anymore, and most blink records had the intention of sounding a way or sounding good to the fans.

Give me Natives, EISF, Love is Dangerous, Wishing Well over Kaleidescope though.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, _Bagels whipped cream said:

Gah, everytime I think Neighborhoods or give it a listen I can't stop thinking about how well it's aged.  Every year it gets better and better. Some pure songs on there you just don't get anymore, and most blink records had the intention of sounding a way or sounding good to the fans.

Give me Natives, EISF, Love is Dangerous, Wishing Well over Kaleidescope though.

Only thing that has aged better is your mom!

1 hour ago, Kay said:

"this song is okay but Marks chosen guitar tone is terrible"

Unfortunately this is my exact thought with Kaleidoscope haha. The main guitar riff and verses just sound very blah to me, I wish Tom would have written/recorded something for those parts.

Just now, Champ182 said:

Unfortunately this is my exact thought with Kaleidoscope haha. The main guitar riff and verses just sound very blah to me, I wish Tom would have written/recorded something for those parts.

It's legit one of my fave guitar parts on that record lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, _Bagels whipped cream said:

The whole album has proven to be a grower, probably their biggest grower of an album all around. Having said that This Is Home and MH25652873322255 still hurt an overall great record. Give me the deluxe version without those 2 songs (and maybe replace them with Disaster or something) and you're left with nothing but great songs in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, M!ke said:

It's just normal weed. But in all seriousness, what would you say is their best song?  For me Kaleidoscope is definitely up there. 

Very hard to say their best song over their entire catalogue I just know Kaleidoscope has no business being in the discussion. But if you love it that much more power to you! MH2018 or whatever it’s called is way better!

14 minutes ago, Depf said:

plz give me your guys number. I've been looking forever. Regular ass weed is just the best. Straight reefer and classic gras are close behind. None of this amnesia green crack for me.

Lol you want that shit with the sticks and stems huh!

We all know Golden Showers in the Golden State off Odds and Ends is the best song ever written since Untitled...

Ok now that the joke is over, I'd have to think about the answer for a while but Golden Showers did have some interesting throwback guitar in there.

11 hours ago, Kay said:

Chapter 13 is definitely the stand out from the +44 record to me

it's sooooooooo slooooooow.

like the verses are sluggish enough but then the chorus halves that and the whole thing crawls to a near-standstill. the bridge and outro is a full dose of sleeping pills.

if it had the tempo of the title track it could have been banger single. but they left it in the oven too long imo.

4 hours ago, daveyjones said:

it's sooooooooo slooooooow.

like the verses are sluggish enough but then the chorus halves that and the whole thing crawls to a near-standstill. the bridge and outro is a full dose of sleeping pills.

if it had the tempo of the title track it could have been banger single. but they left it in the oven too long imo.

I just disagree with basically all of this lol

• Like 2

10 hours ago, daveyjones said:

that's just a bad religion song played super slow.

I don't hear this at all, curious as to your thought process behind this. What do you hear in this song that says "Bad Religion" to you?

19 hours ago, Texas Toast said:

Very hard to say their best song over their entire catalogue I just know Kaleidoscope has no business being in the discussion. But if you love it that much more power to you! MH2018 or whatever it’s called is way better!

Isn't that funny, I think MH341234857239 is one of the 2 bad songs on the album, along with This Is Home, they're the only 2 songs on the album I regularly skip, rest is great.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, M!ke said:

Isn't that funny, I think MH341234857239 is one of the 2 bad songs on the album, along with This Is Home, they're the only 2 songs on the album I regularly skip, rest is great.

Don’t get me wrong I do enjoy Kaleidoscope but I just can’t put it in even top 25 all time blink songs

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I guess I just don't hear it.

C#-A-E-B. with variation, and across keys, it's pretty standard for BR. off the top of my head, "profane rights of man," "don't sell me short." and "truth north."

common for the offspring too, actually.