New Lorde Single- Solar Power

Ghent

This is an interesting song. I really like it. Reminds me of like a 90s summer jam, but CHILL. Will be listening to this a lot

Also shout out to my girl Phoebe Bridgers on backing vocals and cowriter Jack Antonoff, T-Swift collaborator.  🤘

I love Lorde. I thought this song was alright when I first heard it, but it’s grown on me a lot. Pure Heroine and Melodrama were great, but it’s about time she lightened up, haha. This track is like a Sheryl Crow/Colbie Caillat collab for a yogurt commercial, but in a good way.

I do think she needs to stop working with Antonoff because he’s everywhere in pop nowadays and is not too versatile of a producer, but they still have good chemistry, so I’m excited to hear what this album will be like.

17 minutes ago, Nasa said:

This track is like a Sheryl Crow/Colbie Caillat collab for a yogurt commercial, but in a good way.

Sheryl Crow was one of the first things to cross my mind when I heard the song. It must just be a summer vibe thing because of Soak Up The Sun

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

This is an interesting song. I really like it. Reminds me of like a 90s summer jam, but CHILL. Will be listening to this a lot

Also shout out to my girl Phoebe Bridgers on backing vocals and cowriter Jack Antonoff, T-Swift collaborator.  🤘

Nothing she does will ever top "Royals" 

12 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Nothing she does will ever top "Royals" 

Did you know that song was inspired by a picture of George Brett of the Kansas City Royals that she saw in a magazine?