Happy 24th Birthday Dude Ranch

blinkstillrules

2 hours ago, saco0o said:

Dude Ranch changed my life musically speaking and the Urethra Chronicles dvd changed my personality 
Both for the worst. 

You remind me of me, you gaping giant arsehole 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

It's crazy how distant TOYPAJ and Dude Ranch felt from each other back in the day. Like Dude Ranch was ancient history.

Now all this time later, one is turning 20 and one 24, which in current perspective is hardly a difference.

Time is weird

Haha that is seriously insane. It used to be like a treasure hunt for ancient artifacts to find out about a band's "early days" and listen to "their old stuff."

Only four years between Dude Ranch and TOYPAJ!?! That's the same amount of time between now and California Deluxe! Just mindblowingly weird haha.

• Like 2

they also SOUND a million years apart. the production on DR doesn't help either. but i love it all the same... it's a great snapshot of the band at the time. it's certainly a perfection of the skate punk sound, which was sort-of smoothed out with the addition of travis and jerry finn. it's got some all-timers -- apple shampoo immediately comes to mind, though i'm a big emo fan, and pathetic too. happy birthday DR!

• Like 3

their best album, but not my fave (that's still CC, my first).

bought both the cassette and the CD at the midnight sale at lou's records in encinitas.

i first heard the unmastered version of dude ranch because scott raynor let us borrow his dub. this was january 1997. cool story, at this time code:

• Like 4
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, Ghent said:

It's crazy how distant TOYPAJ and Dude Ranch felt from each other back in the day. Like Dude Ranch was ancient history.

Now all this time later, one is turning 20 and one 24, which in current perspective is hardly a difference.

Time is weird

I was thinking the same thing. That is wild 

9 hours ago, Ghent said:

Time is weird

related: mark and i are five years apart. when i got into blink, i was about 17 and a half and he was 23. he seemed sooooooo "grown up" to me.

fast forward to now, and we're both just middle aged dudes. time collapses as you get older.

also related: if marty left this year to go back to the future the same gap as the movie he would arrive in... 1991.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Elisa said:

The best blink album cover to cover and arguably the best album of all time. I will never waver. 

If I could only listen to one blink album ever again, it would probably be Dude Ranch. 

• Like 3

It’s not my favorite blink album but it is the album I want to hear the most songs live from. They could play any non-single from this album and I’d be ecstatic. I wish they’d dip into their older non-singles more often. Hell I just wish they’d acknowledge their whole discography more at shows. Stop pretending anything pre-Enema didn’t exist, stop pretending Neighborhoods and DED don’t exist, stop being a greatest hits band.

• Like 3

Theres only one album that beats dude ranch IMO... an imaginary album with:
Wrecked Him, Zulu, Dancing With Myself, Good Times, Dead Man's Curve, Original Mutt, I wont be home for xmas, Family Reunion and that 94' first version of Voyeur

• Wow 1
  • Crab 1