Happy 24th Birthday Dude Ranch

blinkstillrules

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

so, not be blink live?

Basically!

That’s why I love the idea of album anniversary shows. It gives us a chance to hear songs live that we’d never usually get to hear. That’s why I loved the Enema anniversary tour so much. Now I just have to hope blink will acknowledge any non-Enema or Untitled anniversaries.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Now I just have to hope blink will acknowledge any non-Enema or Untitled anniversaries.

i just wish blink was a more legacy-focused band. like, say, bad religion. or motion city soundtrack. or alkaline trio. or jimmy eat world. or weezer. or any of the dozens of other bands i have seen do deep cut sets, release non-album track compilations, and do full album set tours.

but the band, sadly, has never had diverse sets, or honored their legacy in the way most bands do. it's a shame, they could super $$$ in if they did.

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i just wish blink was a more legacy-focused band. like, say, bad religion. or motion city soundtrack. or alkaline trio. or jimmy eat world. or weezer. or any of the dozens of other bands i have seen do deep cut sets, release non-album track compilations, and do full album set tours.

but the band, sadly, has never had diverse sets, or honored their legacy in the way most bands do. it's a shame, they could super $$$ in if they did.

It’s honestly so frustrating. I don’t get what their thinking is behind it. I remember a few shows from 2013, like The Wiltern. They played Apple Shampoo, it was NUTS. Fantastic. Makes such a difference.

The acoustic sets with Dick Lips and Waggy - amazing. They have such a selection to draw from.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

Yeah, it’s frustrating. I can’t think of any other band I’ve seen multiple times and heard essentially the same set list each time.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah, it’s frustrating. I can’t think of any other band I’ve seen multiple times and heard essentially the same set list each time.

can you imagine a live stream performance series from blink like bad religion has done with decades? they are on their second season, not a single song repeated.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

On 6/19/2021 at 6:29 AM, theedge00 said:

Amazing record, not one bad song on it really 

the only complaint we had at the time about the songs was there was just not enough new material on the album. we already had  "waggy," "enthused," "princess leia," "degenerate, and "lemmings." all of which are superior in their original recorded form (or at least faster and more raw, which is a longer way of saying better). so all of that felt like filler.

• Like 2

On 6/18/2021 at 8:30 AM, saco0o said:

Theres only one album that beats dude ranch IMO... an imaginary album with:
Wrecked Him, Zulu, Dancing With Myself, Good Times, Dead Man's Curve, Original Mutt, I wont be home for xmas, Family Reunion and that 94' first version of Voyeur

Deadman’s Curve doesn’t count as blink. They aren’t even playing the instruments. Thank you come again!

On 6/21/2021 at 1:07 AM, daveyjones said:

the only complaint we had at the time about the songs was there was just not enough new material on the album. we already had  "waggy," "enthused," "princess leia," "degenerate, and "lemmings." all of which are superior in their original recorded form (or at least faster and more raw, which is a longer way of saying better). so all of that felt like filler.

That sounds like a pretty big complaint to be honest. Only about half the album was new, and the familiar songs you didn’t like as much? 

On 6/18/2021 at 5:53 PM, daveyjones said:

I agree. But I’ve had this argument here and there are people on this board who will argue to their last breath that blink would cease to sell tickets if they ever cut First Date from their set list and replaced with a deep cut. Sheesh!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

there are people on this board who will argue to their last breath that blink would cease to sell tickets if they ever cut First Date from their set list

it's so untrue. all you have to do is follow on socials to see what a rabid, voluminous, multi-generational core fanbase blink has.

6 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

it's so untrue. all you have to do is follow on socials to see what a rabid, voluminous, multi-generational core fanbase blink has.

I know! It’s very, very untrue. There’s many layers to this discussion which I don’t need to preach to the choir lol. But even just listen to how horrible Tom sings live, yet people always come back. I don’t think anyone’s ever gonna say “fuck this I’m never coming back because Tom butchered Enthused instead of First Date!”  An example I gave was that they stopped playing Adam’s Song for a while, which charted even higher than First Date did, yet people still came to the shows. 

If they want to be a singles only live act they should at least throw in other singles that they never play. Hearts All Gone, After Midnight, Josie, M+Ms, Home Is Such A Lonely Place, etc. I’m not saying I want them to play only singles but if that’s what they want, give us all the other singles too.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

If they want to be a singles only live act they should at least throw in other singles that they never play. Hearts All Gone, After Midnight, Josie, M+Ms, Home Is Such A Lonely Place, etc. I’m not saying I want them to play only singles but if that’s what they want, give us all the other singles too.

yes they're not even a singles band, they're like "only these eight singles" band.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

yes they're not even a singles band, they're like "only these eight singles" band.

Ugh their set list is so predictable and lame , plus Mark’s insistence that they don’t play longer than 90 minutes or whatever it is…probably my biggest complaint about them…def more so than the production of Feldmann on newer records..because let’s just face it…despite whatever music they put out, every band has a shelf life and blink’s best days are far behind them. But you can see them live still! It would be much more rad to see them play longer and honor their legacy as you said. Lord knows Travis would be up for the task, he’d play a 5 hour set if Mark wanted to. 

• Like 2