Phase 2: Blink-182online Mark Charity Drive

Ghent

For the prize draw, what I'm considering is, rather than have prizes assigned as first/second/third/whatever, whoever wins "first" prize gets to choose which prize(s)* they want, then the second person gets to choose from what's left and so on. How does everyone feel about that idea?

*Depending on the final number of prizes and the final number of winners, some winners might end up receiving more than one prize.

• Like 3

I think that is the best way to handle prizes. And for people who aren't members that win, they will get an e-mail saying they won and that they can claim their prize by registering and posting in this thread.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Depf said:

unfortunately not my forté, but 100% agreed. 

Someone score a pink jazz bass and put a pbass pickguard on it with the pickup flipped. 

I've been wanting to pick one up for a while now. I play guitar but I suck at it, I've always had a knack for bass but never actually bought one. I do the bass on any recordings I make though.

40 minutes ago, Depf said:

do the discord people know about this? tbh i wasn't aware this place has a bit of a reputation but my only other forum experiences were powerslide.net/late 2000s 4chan so what do i know. 

I don't think so. I'm not sure how much overlap there is between the two communities, at least not among regulars.

If someone reading this is active on Discord, kindly spread the word!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I don't think so. I'm not sure how much overlap there is between the two communities, at least not among regulars.

If someone reading this is active on Discord, kindly spread the word!

@daveyjones

So behind the scenes, PayPal has ended up being an awful choice for this. First off, they are skimming cuts off the donations. I guess this is even standard practice for GoFundMe, but it's lame.

Second, if the donation total gets too high or over 200 people donate, it exposes me to taxes where I have to claim it as personal income. I'm assuming this could fuck me pretty hard if I was unlucky with tax brackets and whatnot.

So- what I'm going to do is cover personally what PayPal has skimmed with fees. I'll donate it all to Mark with a nice message from blink online.

If we choose to continue this, which we should, we can find another avenue, or donate direct individually to Mark (send proof of donation to get entered for the prizes and be sure to reference blink online)

So bottom line, I am going to end this at $1500 and donate it. But I don't want that to kill the whole thing. I never thought we'd actually reach $1,500 so none of this crossed my mind.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Ghent said:

So behind the scenes, PayPal has ended up being an awful choice for this. First off, they are skimming cuts off the donations. I guess this is even standard practice for GoFundMe, but it's lame.

Second, if the donation total gets too high or over 200 people donate, it exposes me to taxes where I have to claim it as personal income. I'm assuming this could fuck me pretty hard if I was unlucky with tax brackets and whatnot.

So- what I'm going to do is cover personally what PayPal has skimmed with fees. I'll donate it all to Mark with a nice message from blink online.

If we choose to continue this, which we should, we can find another avenue, or donate direct individually to Mark (send proof of donation to get entered for the prizes and be sure to reference blink online)

So bottom line, I am going to end this at $1500 and donate it. But I don't want that to kill the whole thing. I never thought we'd actually reach $1,500 so none of this crossed my mind.

Tell him Speedo says "yo".

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Wonder if we should move to Venmo or do they do similar practice?