Phase 2: Blink-182online Mark Charity Drive

Ghent

11 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

He's been here since then, he just hasn't been around nearly as much. Looks like he hasn't been online since June 25th.

Has anyone reached out? He still seems to be doing podcast stuff. 

I talk to him fairly often. I don't want to speak for him, but he has a good relationship with Mark and I'm sure he's embarrassed by some of what goes on here.

Working on transitioning him away from the socials so he can work on his own stuff, but it will be a process as he establishes his podcast accounts. Not gonna leave him high and dry, he's done a great job for us.

$1,746!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Ry took the Discord pill and decided we all acted like assholes too much to hang around.

Ry has always been a cool dude to everyone. More power to him for not taking the bait from some of us and I wish him the best. He’s done a lot for this site. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Ry has always been a cool dude to everyone. More power to him for not taking the bait from some of us and I wish him the best. He’s done a lot for this site. 

He has but he really doesn't need to be embarrassed of us. We're not bad people, we're just rude and opinionated. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kay said:

He has but he really doesn't need to be embarrassed of us. We're not bad people, we're just rude and opinionated. 

Yea I feel that way too. It’s not like we’re his children that he has to feel responsible for lol, but I can’t hate on him. He just has nothing negative to say about anything blink related and probably wants to distance himself from some of our conversations lol 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Yea I feel that way too. It’s not like we’re his children that he has to feel responsible for lol, but I can’t hate on him. He just has nothing negative to say about anything blink related and probably wants to distance himself from some of our conversations lol 

I do wonder sometimes if people don't realise that underneath the stupid fights and bitter commentary, we actually love all the guys? Like regardless of my own issues and thoughts about later blink , I fucking love Mark. I love Skiba, I love Tom, I have mad respect for Scott and, I mean, Travis is fine. 

Jokes aside, we all care. I'd hope things like this would be a pretty obvious reminder of that. Who's to say. 

• Like 5
  • Love 3

32 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I don't understand Discord. It's like mIRC, but it's 2021? The posts aren't in order? Slowmode?

It's in order. it's like a bunch of different chat sections, but instead of specific topics/threads like a forum, it's all one big chat space. So it's mostly noise. It's why I couldn't stick to it, I'm sure they're all lovely but due to the volume of people on there and the amount of content that was going on it just seemed hard to follow and a little... distant? 

I come here for the love. Ya'll treat me like I'm family. Because you insult me and make me feel bad about myself. 

• Haha 3

I think we always exaggerate when we say that this place has a bad reputation. Are we really this very negative environment? I'd like to know what they talk about on their discord blink section every day and see the difference. I don't think our energy is so bad that people just take a look at these boards and think they should run away from us. 

And by the way, I'd rather have two new posters like Bagel and Depf over 20 new people who can't even take a joke. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I think we always exaggerate when we say that this place has a bad reputation. Are we really this very negative environment? I'd like to know what they talk about on their discord blink section every day and see the difference. I don't think our energy is so bad that people just take a look at these boards and think they should run away from us. 

And by the way, I'd rather have two new posters like Bagel and Depf over 20 new people who can't even take a joke. 

well they don't allow cussing so...

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Elisa said:

At least the other forums I'm a member of are not less opinionated. But then again, at least one of those forums got a bad rep or at least some thought it was too negative towards some band members which led to a bunch of guys broke out and started their own forum where they love everything soo 😂