Phase 2: Blink-182online Mark Charity Drive

Ghent

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

I think we always exaggerate when we say that this place has a bad reputation. Are we really this very negative environment? I'd like to know what they talk about on their discord blink section every day and see the difference. I don't think our energy is so bad that people just take a look at these boards and think they should run away from us. 

And by the way, I'd rather have two new posters like Bagel and Depf over 20 new people who can't even take a joke. 

To be fair, we've had our moments over the years. But I think the last couple have been a lot better, and we're mostly all friendly at this point, just vulgar and mean and say 'cunt' a lot. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

To be fair, we've had our moments over the years. But I think the last couple have been a lot better, and we're mostly all friendly at this point, just vulgar and mean and say 'cunt' a lot. 

You suck!

• Haha 1

I like that we have people here with a variety of different views on blink and it’s not just the blink equivalent of the AVA Movement Tom worshiping snoozefest. We’re all still fans here, but some prefer early blink, some prefer middle blink, some love the new stuff, but we all love the band. The fact that we can be critical and even negative about what we don’t like while still all loving the band is what’s fun here. Even if the discord didn’t have all the rules I still wouldn’t feel good complaining about blink on Mark Hoppus’ personal discord channel haha. Here I can still argue about my favorite band.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I like that we have people here with a variety of different views on blink and it’s not just the blink equivalent of the AVA Movement Tom worshiping snoozefest. 

You must not have visited the AVA Movement when @Kay was a regular there 🙄

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

AVA Movement has had periods of dissenting opinions but for the most part it's too boring for me with all the love and support for all of Tom's bad ideas lol.

Exactly. Why go to a whole forum for that shit when we can just read @twentytwenty’s posts.

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

AVA Movement has had periods of dissenting opinions but for the most part it's too boring for me with all the love and support for all of Tom's bad ideas lol.

I was just joking. The problem that the Ava movement had in general is the same problem that marks discord has, it’s a backscratching snooze fest

• Like 2

9 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

You must not have visited the AVA Movement when @Kay was a regular there 🙄

Oh man, that was so much fun. Everyone either hated me or were just fascinated by my posts, like watching a car wreck or something. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Smalls said:

Wait ry left? That makes me sad.

He's not left just doesn't seem to be posting and seems to be distancing himself. It's his business but naturally we're being shitty about it, we're pretty on brand. 

• Haha 2

He chose the worst moment to distance himself from us though because our charity is probably one the best things we've ever done and it showed that bitching about a few songs every once in a while is just a little detail when you have a big heart.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kay said:

Oh man, that was so much fun. Everyone either hated me or were just fascinated by my posts, like watching a car wreck or something. 

your posts used to drive me crazy on there. now i find myself agreeing with your blink posts most of the time lolol. live and learn

I enjoy this board a lot. i'm not as personal of a poster as many are, but it's been fun to be a part of it for a few years now

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ye. said:

your posts used to drive me crazy on there. now i find myself agreeing with your blink posts most of the time lolol. live and learn

I enjoy this board a lot. i'm not as personal of a poster as many are, but it's been fun to be a part of it for a few years now

I feel I really livened that place up. I was super bored at the toime. 

I'm glad you learned that I'm actually usually right. Weirdly most people don't seem to recognise that.

• Haha 2

The community here has alway been really cool in my opinion ever since I joined the boards back in 2012 (I definitely remember the banter in regards to everyone thinking I was the fake Scott on Instagram/Twitter I didn't mind it all and it was hilarious when I think about it 🤣)

I don't take myself too seriously and I totally get the "Banter" element in the UK for sure as well as the roasting (coming from a french person).

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I feel I really livened that place up. I was super bored at the toime. 

I'm glad you learned that I'm actually usually right. Weirdly most people don't seem to recognise that.

except for when it comes to the things you don't like about AVA. then you're wrong and I don't like your opinions!

• Haha 1