Phase 2: Blink-182online Mark Charity Drive

Ghent

13 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

The community here has alway been really cool in my opinion ever since I joined the boards back in 2012 (I definitely remember the banter in regards to everyone thinking I was the fake Scott on Instagram/Twitter I didn't mind it all and it was hilarious when I think about it 🤣)

I don't take myself too seriously and I totally get the "Banter" element in the UK for sure as well as the roasting (coming from a french person).

lol I forgot about the fake Scott thing

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

someone should just tell mark that ry collected money from fans to bootleg DED on vinyl. then, he'll be back in no time. 

That's the only reason I own a DED vinyl because blink only sold theirs for a few minutes (that I was asleep during). So I'm happy I at least have my fake version lol.

Another example of blink being shitty with stupid limited stock merch though. I spent 7 years waiting and hoping they would release DED on vinyl and when they finally did I missed it because they decided it had to be a stupid limited thing.

And that's also why I'm happy for this board because I can complain about how fucking dumb that is without feeling bad about it haha

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Is the DED vinyl a big thing? I have the red one. It showed up with a pretty big crease in the corner and that annoyed me so I stashed it away somewhere so it wouldn’t trigger me

I don’t know if it’s a big thing, I’m just annoyed that they made so few of them that I didn’t even have a chance to try to get one after I had been waiting years for blink to release it.

So based on Mark’s last tweet, he has some kind of bone marrow cancer. Said his test this week could determine whether he lives or dies. My hunch from the start was that this was not good. This seems very bad. 

• Sad 9

9 hours ago, Ghent said:

So based on Mark’s last tweet, he has some kind of bone marrow cancer. Said his test this week could determine whether he lives or dies. My hunch from the start was that this was not good. This seems very bad. 

Lymphoma is what it sounds like.

3 hours ago, Jamie said:

Mark just confirmed on his stream that it isn't bone related, it's blood related regarding his cancer. 

It’s pretty clearly Hodgkin’s lymphoma. One type you usually end up totally fine after chemo and another is very deadly. The way he’s talking about it though seems like they don’t fully know idk? Also seems like it’s regional, which wouldn’t be stage 4 which is hopeful

17 minutes ago, NotNow said:

It’s pretty clearly Hodgkin’s lymphoma. One type you usually end up totally fine after chemo and another is very deadly. The way he’s talking about it though seems like they don’t fully know idk? Also seems like it’s regional, which wouldn’t be stage 4 which is hopeful

This is from the general discussion thread.

3 hours ago, kibbles said:

Mark said on stream he has Stage 4 Diffuse large B cell lymphoma and his test is tomorrow to see if he has to either do a final 3 rounds of chemo if it worked or possibly try bone marrow transplants if things haven’t gotten better.

He said his mom had that cancer as well and beat it (as well as breast cancer) so here’s to kicking it’s ass again in the family 💪

• Like 1

That’s encouraging that his mom had it and beat it.

From a quick Google it seems like a curable cancer and not one of the ones where you are totally fucked. But stage 4? That’s brutal

• Sad 1