New blink album, Tom returning?

Ghent

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/travis-barker-machine-gun-kelly-kardashian-blink-182-hoppus-reunion-delonge-1185785/

As of late May, Barker’s plan was to spend time next year recording a full new Blink album sans collaborators, and then head out a world tour. “I think that’s going to happen more in 2022,” Barker says.”I have so many [other] things I’m obligated to do this year. I want to spend the right amount of time on the Blink album and make sure it’s one of the best pieces of work we’ve ever done…. It will be my priority. It will be the only thing I’m working on.”

Could a reunion happen? “Never say never,” Barker says. “I talk to Tom all the time. We send funny texts and stuff. The times of bad blood and the misunderstandings between us are so over with. It’s all love. We all three talk, and we’re all friends. So, yeah, I will never say never. I think if the time was right and it just made sense…”

• Love 1

Legit if Travis wants to bring Willow Smith in for a blink song, I'm here for it. I don't give a shit about any of his other collabs but Transparent Soul is my fucking jam and her voice is brilliant. 

• Like 1

It's been more and more clear over the last year to me that one day sooner or later, Tom will be back with blink to some extent.  But yeah, when in the past I thought it impossible, now it just seems inevitable, but only a matter of when.  And if the near death of Travis was what brought them back together the first time, then I don't see how Mark's battle with cancer now wouldn't likewise tip the already leaning scale toward a reunion with Tom.

I just hope that whenever it happens, that they try it out as a 4 piece, I like Skiba in the band, and don't want to see him leave unless he wants to leave.  It'd be interesting to see what the dynamic could be with his extra voice and style injected into the classic Mark and Tom blink we know where appropriate.

• Like 5

"blink-182 was a force to reckon with, so everyone has a lot of passion and fear to fuck with it, because you're so lucky to have it that some people will have a fear [to] progress too much and just change it, then the fans will be pissed and the band may not succeed the way we want it [to]".

Until Tom stops saying shit like this^^^^ he ain't coming back. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

"blink-182 was a force to reckon with, so everyone has a lot of passion and fear to fuck with it, because you're so lucky to have it that some people will have a fear [to] progress too much and just change it, then the fans will be pissed and the band may not succeed the way we want it [to]".

Until Tom stops saying shit like this^^^^ he ain't coming back. 

Funny how his attitude changed in time; Tom would shit on and dismiss blink after he left the band in 2005 all the time, saying it was just a juvenile band that only sang about fucking dogs. Now he's saying like the opposite, blink is too important of a band and they should be careful not to taint it's legacy.  Pick a lane lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, M!ke said:

Funny how his attitude changed in time; Tom would shit on blink after he left the band in 2005 all the time, saying it was just a juvenile band that only sang about fucking dogs. Now he's saying like the opposite, blink is too important of a band and they should be careful not to taint it's legacy.  Pick a lane lol.

he can't because he's making excuses.  It is what it is.  I can't stand when he starts using the whole "nursery rhymes on crack" analogies either, dismissing blink's catalog while trying to act like AVA is so groundbreaking and mature. 

Just wish he could be normal and dial back his ego a bit.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I think they’ll record another album together at some point. I think Mark and Travis are much more zen about blink being a full time band than they were in 2013. Tom is never going to do a blink world tour again, he definitely doesn’t want to dedicate time to that. But I can definitely see him working on an album over zoom while he has time. Covid has made that much more acceptable too which is kind of funny.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kay said:

Legit if Travis wants to bring Willow Smith in for a blink song, I'm here for it. I don't give a shit about any of his other collabs but Transparent Soul is my fucking jam and her voice is brilliant. 

I understand you like that song but inviting her into blink….slow your role lol

4 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

I understand you like that song but inviting her into blink….slow your role lol

Not to join the bloody band, I just mean if they did more random blink collabs like the fuckin' god awful ones they've done in the past, I'd be all for a Willow Smith one. 

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

Not to join the bloody band, I just mean if they did more random blink collabs like the fuckin' god awful ones they've done in the past, I'd be all for a Willow Smith one. 

That’s fair. I prefer they knock it off with the collabs. They can do collabs on their side projects, they already do that anyways 

1 minute ago, twentytwenty said:

Please don’t fuck AVA over yet again. Stay where you are Tom.

😂😂😂

Go listen to Higher Power by Coldplay that just came out. If you have any objective sense whatsoever and aren't just a joke of a tombot you will probably die and go to heaven after listening to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Depf said:

Why is that so controversial?

I agree

Because the worst Blink song Tom was involved with is still better than the best Ava song. And don’t think of me as an Ava hater, I like every album except for lovept1 but Tom, Mark and Travis just write way better songs together than Tom by himself or with the Rubin.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Depf said:

Why is that so controversial?

I agree

Fuck AVA over? Come on meow we all know DK the type of guy to go be happy back at his coffee shop, and Ilan can go back to his rock and roll hall of fame band. And their 127 fans will learn to live. Ain’t nobody getting fucked over in the AVA camp!