New blink album, Tom returning?

Ghent

So, I didn’t want to ask this extremely grim Tom returning scenario, but it popped in my head during this discussion and I can’t get it out. And the more I thought about it, the more I believe that in life sometimes we have to face harsh realities, and it is possible we may be facing this question in the future. I don’t want to offend anybody, and I love Mark and am thinking about him everyday. I obviously hope he beats the shit out of cancer with the least amount of chemo and treatment possible. But life is a bitch and what if cancer were to beat Mark? I know the first thought at that point shouldn’t be the future of blink-182, but inevitably it would be a question we’d all start thinking about. Would Tom rejoin Travis for the legacy of Mark and blink, and find another bassist/singer like they’ve done with Skiba? I am really trying to be respectful and not offend anybody here. I certainly won’t speculate and go back and forth on Mark’s condition, as he has not announced what type or stage of cancer he has. I won’t partake in hearsay or speculate on that. But there is a possibility of being faced with that grim reality of him not making it. Would we get blink in a Tom, Travis, and someone else scenario? I DO NOT WANT THIS , and I hope this came across accurately how I feel about it, from an innocent question and thought about the possibilities in this thing called life. 

9 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

So, I didn’t want to ask this extremely grim Tom returning scenario, but it popped in my head during this discussion and I can’t get it out. And the more I thought about it, the more I believe that in life sometimes we have to face harsh realities, and it is possible we may be facing this question in the future. I don’t want to offend anybody, and I love Mark and am thinking about him everyday. I obviously hope he beats the shit out of cancer with the least amount of chemo and treatment possible. But life is a bitch and what if cancer were to beat Mark? I know the first thought at that point shouldn’t be the future of blink-182, but inevitably it would be a question we’d all start thinking about. Would Tom rejoin Travis for the legacy of Mark and blink, and find another bassist/singer like they’ve done with Skiba? I am really trying to be respectful and not offend anybody here. I certainly won’t speculate and go back and forth on Mark’s condition, as he has not announced what type or stage of cancer he has. I won’t partake in hearsay or speculate on that. But there is a possibility of being faced with that grim reality of him not making it. Would we get blink in a Tom, Travis, and someone else scenario? I DO NOT WANT THIS , and I hope this came across accurately how I feel about it, from an innocent question and thought about the possibilities in this thing called life. 

I don’t think they’d continue. Not a chance. A member quitting and a member dying is two very different things. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Depf said:

I should stop my shtick of misquoting people on purpose and then expect others to read it.

For the record, I vowed in 2006 to never ever give Tom Delonge another cent. And minus me buying Neighborhoods I kept my word thus far

That sucks man. That must mean you missed out on Dogs Eating Dogs. Great EP.

4 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

They wouldn't continue blink. Of course not. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, NotNow said:

I think they’ll record another album together at some point. I think Mark and Travis are much more zen about blink being a full time band than they were in 2013. Tom is never going to do a blink world tour again, he definitely doesn’t want to dedicate time to that. But I can definitely see him working on an album over zoom while he has time. Covid has made that much more acceptable too which is kind of funny.

I actually predict the opposite, I think they won't make an album with Tom but will play a tour again. Making an album would just be a risk of their egos clashing again, and I think at this point they drifted too far apart creatively to make it work.

A big nostalgia reunion tour with Tom (Guns n Roses with Slash style) on the other hand would probably make a lot of money and would be better received by casual fans than another Neighborhoods style album.

Timeline (assuming Mark is healthy): 

2022 another Nine-style Album with Feldy and Skiba; Tom doing AVA

2023/2024 Reunion Tour with Tom for either 20th anniversary of Untitled or 25th of Enema

• Like 1

Tom hates touring other than the fact that it makes money. If there’s no desperate need for money I don’t see him doing it. He just wants to spend his life in Encinitas. And he can record an album there with little effort.

13 hours ago, Kay said:

He is firmly against what Feldy does, though and I think he'd struggle to work with him.

Firmly against everything Feldmann does...like producing songs and cowriting?

Sounds a bit like the Rubin bros to me?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Kay said:

They wouldn't continue blink. Of course not. 

I don’t know, I just think maybe they would do it in remembrance of him and to honor him. But anyways I’m done thinking about this scenario, it was just bugging me last night. Mark is gonna kick cancers ass and carry the torch of blink like he’s been doing!

5 hours ago, Depf said:

Relax people. It's all well and good that we wish mark the very best.

Good people don't die this young. Mark will be absolutely fine. I just hope he doesn't turn blink into some oi/ska type of thing until he grows back his hair. 

You just gave me a great idea. Let’s get Feldmann to replace Skiba and get some ska up in this bitch!

21 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Yea that’s why I responded with fake news. Sure he held a grudge at first because Feldman was producing his band without him. But those feelings have subsided. I guarantee Tom respects Goldfinger and Feldmann’s success as a producer. It’s not like Tom can sit here and say “I don’t like overproduced music”, lol all of their music was super over produced and glossed up since Enema. And Tom needs a slick producer to sound good anyways, he knows this. Tom would definitely work with Feldmann before co-existing with Skiba as a 4 piece blink. 

37 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Since when is Aaron writing songs for AVA? I must have missed this information.. 

Jokes aside, I'm thinking what she means is that he's against outside personell writing songs for the band..

I personally don't really care, a good song is a good song that's a good song no matter how you break it down and no matter who wrote it. If the band or question can deliver a performance that makes it sound like it's their own words I really don't understand what the problem is. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Ilan is a band member, who is involved in writing songs for the band he's in. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Aaron doesn't write, he just produces. 

Feldmann was equally writing with blink in California and they hired a bajillion people to write for Nine. it's not remotely similar. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kay said:

Ilan is a band member, who is involved in writing songs for the band he's in. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Feldmann was equally writing with blink in California and they hired a bajillion people to write for Nine. it's not remotely similar. 

But if Tom comes back he is another songwriter, Feldman respects the shit out of Tom if you’ve seen any quotes he’s made about him. So I can totally see Feldman automatically and willingly taking a step back for Tom and Mark to do their thing and just play producer. I don’t know what other producer they would try to get. I wouldn’t be mad if it was Feldy or someone else, I just think Feldy is a great fit for Tom being that Finn is unfortunately no longer with us 

20 minutes ago, Kay said:

Sorry, but this is wrong. Aaron gets songwriting credits. He's not in the band.

So all the crying you did about blink and Feldmann should be equally directed to AVA.

Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 9.04.56 AM.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1