New blink album, Tom returning?

Ghent

4 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Man everyone makes such a fucking fuss over writing credits. Honestly who the fuck cares?  

I bet the way the industry is today Jerry Fin would of been given writing credits. 

Yeah, Mark said that if Feldy is working towards credits, his fee is a bit lower. This is purely a business thing. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Man everyone makes such a fucking fuss over writing credits. Honestly who the fuck cares?  

I bet the way the industry is today Jerry Fin would of been given writing credits. 

It’s not a fuss we’re just talking facts. Sorry that Ghent had to correct someone with cold hard data! Lol

7 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

I wonder which two guys who happen to live in Kansas have been saying this for years....????

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I wonder which two guys who happen to live in Kansas have been saying this for years....????

They literally referred to the guy as the 4th member of blink. There is absolutely no way that he wouldn't be getting writing credits today.

The norms have changed in the industry.

And in the end, it's all a big "who cares" anyway. Is the music good? That's all that matters. Any obsessing beyond that is like high school music elitist stuff

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

They literally referred to the guy as the 4th member of blink. There is absolutely no doubt that he wouldn't be getting writing credits today.

The norms have changed in the industry.

And in the end, it's all a big "who cares" anyway. Is the music good? That's all that matters. Any obsessing beyond that is like high school music elitist stuff

Funny how many just refuse the believe this and think because he guy gets writing credits he wrote and recorded the whole damn thing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Funny how many just refuse the believe this and think because he guy gets writing credits he wrote and recorded the whole damn thing. 

Nobody is saying that. Aaron Rubin obviously has an input and effect on how the songs turn out or he wouldn’t get writing credits today. Finn would definitely get writing credits today as well and I don’t think anyone would complain. 

The difference is that Feldmann is repeatedly on record saying he wrote certain parts of songs. 

Finn should have had writing credits, I'm not disputing that. 

Most producers get writing credits, I'm not arguing that either. 

The difference is we KNOW Feldmanns involvement in the songwriting process is a lot more than the average producer, while we don't have any evidence that Aaron was literally writing entire sections of songs. We know Ilan does, but not Aaron. 

My point still stands. 

• Like 4
  • Crab 2

5 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

It isn't a coincidence that the Rubin-era AVA sounds almost nothing like pre-Rubin era. 

Those two clearly write the meat and potatoes of the song, Tom writes lyrics and contributes a riff here and there. 

Melody, riff, lyrics. Ilan said in his live he recorded almost all of the guitars for the new album. And also said Tom comes up with the basic song and then describes to Ilan what he compositionally wants it to sound like.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

The difference is that Feldmann is repeatedly on record saying he wrote certain parts of songs. 

The difference is we KNOW Feldmanns involvement in the songwriting process is a lot more than the average producer, while we don't have any evidence that Aaron was literally writing entire sections of songs. We know Ilan does, but not Aaron. 

My point still stands. 

Where has Feldmann said he wrote certain parts of blink songs? And my point still stands that Feldmann has literally called Tom the John Lennon of blink, so he would absolutely willingly take a step back and let Tom drive if he were to produce a blink album with Tom

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

My point still stands. 

lol, your point collapsed actually

• Like 3
  • Crab 1

1 minute ago, NotNow said:

Melody, riff, lyrics. Ilan said in his live he recorded almost all of the guitars for the new album. And also said Tom comes up with the basic song and then describes to Ilan what he compositionally wants it to sound like.

Can you please find the video/interview of Ilan saying this? I totally believe you, I just want to send it to my friend who is obsessed with AVA and Tom right now to shatter his whole world 

Just now, FAPLORD said:

Where has Feldmann said he wrote certain parts of blink songs? And my point still stands that Feldmann has literally called Tom the John Lennon of blink, so he would absolutely willingly take a step back and let Tom drive if he were to produce a blink album with Tom

He did a track by track interview where he talked in depth about giving them choruses and stuff, but it seems its no longer available on Fuse. Dunno if one of our Internet sleuths can find it. 

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

lol, your point collapsed actually

It really hasn't. Tom said he didn't like blinks approach of working with outside songwriters, he writes with his drummer. My point still stands. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

He did a track by track interview where he talked in depth about giving them choruses and stuff, but it seems its no longer available on Fuse. Dunno if one of our Internet sleuths can find it. 

Yea I definitely don’t doubt that he did, it’s very obvious that he did lol. I’ve just never heard him come right out and say it 

Just now, Kay said:

It really hasn't. Tom said he didn't like blinks approach of working with outside songwriters, he writes with his drummer. My point still stands. 

Aaron Rubin isn't his drummer and he writes AVA songs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kay said:

Except for Tom doesn’t contribute very much these days at all. What would he even bring to blink, 2 songs at most?