New blink album, Tom returning?

Ghent

3 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Yea I definitely don’t doubt that he did, it’s very obvious that he did lol. I’ve just never heard him come right out and say it 

My point is just that that's not hi actually something producers tend to do. They'll help craft elements of a song sure or make small suggestions, they don't literally write the cunting things. 

3 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Aaron Rubin isn't his drummer and he writes AVA songs.

No, Ilan does. Aaron gets writing credits. He's never given interviews talking about choruses he's written for Tom, he's a producer who gets writing credits for his small impact on song structure. Like most producers. 

2 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Except for Tom doesn’t contribute very much these days at all. What would he even bring to blink, 2 songs at most?

By the sounds of it he writes the basic song then gives it to Ilan to make it pretty. I'm not exactly defending it, but the songs still sound like Tom - just bad Tom. 

Just now, Ghent said:

They are both doing the same thing, which is pretty standard procedure these days anyway.

Don't be a tombot

You categorise anyone having an opinion that differs to you a Tombot, so I guess I am a full on beanie wearing loser in your eyes. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Kay said:

You categorise anyone having an opinion that differs to you a Tombot, so I guess I am a full on beanie wearing loser in your eyes. 

In this case I'm actually defending Tom's decision to use a songwriting producer

30 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Where has Feldmann said he wrote certain parts of blink songs? And my point still stands that Feldmann has literally called Tom the John Lennon of blink, so he would absolutely willingly take a step back and let Tom drive if he were to produce a blink album with Tom

This is my thoughts as well. Feldmann is one of the most respected rock producers of our time and he could definitely adjust for what the project needs. 

2 hours ago, FAPLORD said:

But yet you like fall out boy lmfao 

I like old fall out boy yeah, the first two albums. You bring this up all the time. It’s really weird, like I said before you’re sooo punk rock dude. I wish I was as cool as you 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FAPLORD said:

Can you please find the video/interview of Ilan saying this? I totally believe you, I just want to send it to my friend who is obsessed with AVA and Tom right now to shatter his whole world 

It was an Instagram live so no. And obviously that’s overly simplistic. Basically toms the manager and directing Ilan on what exactly he wants. 

He definitely records every guitar part though he’s said that. Doesn’t mean he wrote all of the guitars.

18 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I like old fall out boy yeah, the first two albums. You bring this up all the time. It’s really weird, like I said before you’re sooo punk rock dude. I wish I was as cool as you 

Infinity on high, save rock'n'roll and American psycho is my favorite FOB albums tbh 

2 hours ago, Scott. said:

Oh so you knock people for liking Skiba blink but get all butt hurt when I knock you for liking Fall Out Boy. Funny how that works 

Tom isn't coming back (for now) . Good tbf, it would be disingenuous...kinda like last time.  He's got AVA and space man stuff to do. The man don't want it. As long as the friendship between Mark and Tom remains strong and intact, I don't care. Their friendship seems better now than it did during the reunion, for that...I'm eternally grateful

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

Oh so you knock people for liking Skiba blink but get all butt hurt when I knock you for liking Fall Out Boy. Funny how that works 

I didn’t knock anyone for liking Skiba. I said I don’t like Skiba. 

3 hours ago, Kay said:

He did a track by track interview where he talked in depth about giving them choruses and stuff, but it seems its no longer available on Fuse. Dunno if one of our Internet sleuths can find it. 

https://web.archive.org/web/20160701135537/https://www.fuse.tv/2016/06/blink-182-california-producer-john-feldmann-track-by-track#1 @FAPLORD

Edit: I don't know if it's this one or the one that came out when Cali DLX was released. I don't want to read the whole thing to see where he says "I gave them this or that" because the article is long, but I hope it's the right link. 

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

But you like Justin Bieber

Yes. What has this got to do with blink 😂 blink with Skiba is not blink 182 imo. It’s another band, just my opinion, not sure why a couple of you are having a bitch fit about it 

• Like 2
  • Crab 1