New blink album, Tom returning?

Ghent

The issue with Tom is he appears to have very little structure in his life and disregards deadlines and abandons plans. He's pretty damn inconsistent when it comes to following through with plans, whereas Mark and Travis seem like the opposite. 

He'd be fine for touring with the band, but recording an album would be a headache for the rest of the members unless they literally did not care how long it took to record. 

• Like 1

I think we're more likely to get a new Boxcar Racer album with Mark featured on one song again. I don't think Tom's voice can recreate that era of music, but it would just be a vehicle for Tom and Travis to make music again. 

Travis and Tom seem to be on good terms again (I think Travis did an interview with Rolling Stone recently and he said they chat and joke around all the time and there's no more bad blood) and Travis is always up for making new music. Seems fairly realistic imo. 

For me, the difference between Rubin bros having writing credit on AVA and the Feldy stuff is that you can still tell with AVA that Tom is the main songwriter. The newer AVA songs may have different sounds and don't have endless intros anymore, but it's not like they suddenly sound like Nine Inch Nails now or whatever bands the Rubins are involved in. The core songwriting is still recognizable Tom, for better or worse. I mean he even reuses his own chorus melody (for the second time) on the latest single, so you at least know it's him, lol

While some of the New Blink stuff, like I Really Wish I Hated You, I would never guess it's a Mark Song without his voice. So it's just easy to imagine that those songs were basically delivered to them by Feldy or those other assembly line songwriters they use nowadays. Especially with those comments from Feldy from the Cali era that he "gave them" songs and all that.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Toxic Toast said:

For me, the difference between Rubin bros having writing credit on AVA and the Feldy stuff is that you can still tell with AVA that Tom is the main songwriter. The newer AVA songs may have different sounds and don't have endless intros anymore, but it's not like they suddenly sound like Nine Inch Nails now or whatever bands the Rubins are involved in. The core songwriting is still recognizable Tom, for better or worse. I mean he even reuses his own chorus melody (for the second time) on the latest single, so you at least know it's him, lol

While some of the New Blink stuff, like I Really Wish I Hated You, I would never guess it's a Mark Song without his voice. So it's just easy to imagine that those songs were basically delivered to them by Feldy or those other assembly line songwriters they use nowadays. Especially with those comments from Feldy from the Cali era that he "gave them" songs and all that.

Yeah, because these sound so similar 🙄

• Like 1

I mean songs like Tremors & Tunnels basically sound like classic AVA. It's true that Ilan Rubin has pushed Tom's direction for AVA loads but Tom is still the guy in charge of the whole thing. The Chasing Shadows EP doesn't even have Ilan on it. Or does it? I can't remember. Rubin is basically AVA's Mark Hoppus. His brother on the other hand might be the producer, but he's just a yes man to Ilan & Tom. He's basically Chris Holmes.

Some of the video clips of the new AVA songs sound like Boxcar Racer and there's one riff that sounds like a typical AVA riff with skate punk drums on. Tom is still clearly the main guy coming up with all the ideas. Ilan just happens to be pushing him the way Mark used to.

Feldman on the other hand is a producer actually writing songs with blink. Skiba is basically playing the Jason White role from Green Day back when he was listed as an official member. It isn't as black and white as saying Aaron Rubin is writing songs for AVA simply because he gets a songwriting credit. It's clearly obvious the songwriting processes for AVA and blink are completely different to each other.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I mean songs like Tremors & Tunnels basically sound like classic AVA. It's true that Ilan Rubin has pushed Tom's direction for AVA loads but Tom is still the guy in charge of the whole thing. The Chasing Shadows EP doesn't even have Ilan on it. Or does it? I can't remember. Rubin is basically AVA's Mark Hoppus. His brother on the other hand might be the producer, but he's just a yes man to Ilan & Tom. He's basically Chris Holmes.

Some of the video clips of the new AVA songs sound like Boxcar Racer and there's one riff that sounds like a typical AVA riff with skate punk drums on. Tom is still clearly the main guy coming up with all the ideas. Ilan just happens to be pushing him the way Mark used to.

Feldman on the other hand is a producer actually writing songs with blink. Skiba is basically playing the Jason White role from Green Day back when he was listed as an official member. It isn't as black and white as saying Aaron Rubin is writing songs for AVA simply because he gets a songwriting credit. It's clearly obvious the songwriting processes for AVA and blink are completely different to each other.

No I used Wolfpack by choice on this one to make a point haha. 

Ilan did play drums on chasing shadows but the songwriting was Tom alone if I remember correctly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

No I used Wolfpack by choice on this one to make a point haha. 

Ilan did play drums on chasing shadows but the songwriting was Tom alone if I remember correctly.

If there's one EP that was basically all Ilan, it would've been that Stomping the Phantom Pedal whatever it was called haha. Always found that EP so random.

Just now, Ghent said:

Tom's sound changed pretty drastically once the Rubins started writing his tunes. Not criticizing that.. he needed a change up. And he needs another one now.

Definitely agree! The Love albums were boring as hell.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

If there's one EP that was basically all Ilan, it would've been that Stomping the Phantom Pedal whatever it was called haha. Always found that EP so random.

Oh that was random as hell 😂 I’ve never even got through the whole songs 🔥

1 hour ago, Nosferatu said:

Definitely agree! The Love albums were boring as hell.

I love the love albums haha! Part two is my favorite of them but I really like both

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Depf said:

With a yo ho ho (yo ho ho)
And a tricky lah-tee do (tricky lah-tee do)
We’ll shoot Tom in the face with glee
Then we’ll cut off his cock
And feed it to a croc
Music industry pirates we

BoLnW8CIgAA2Mwv.jpg

Hop aboard, we will get back those 25€ Tom owes me for 15 years now.

The 2 songs on DED that arent trash count for the 15 year vig. Feeling generous. Arrr.

I'm assuming you only liked that +44 reject song from DED that Mark wrote in some hotel?

I'm really confused by this post. Tom owes you money for buying DED on iTunes? I think you got a chance in court, only because Travis got his buddy Yellawolf on a song.

i don't give a shit if ilan writes music for ava because he's in the band. nor do i care if his brother lays down some keyboard i don't even hear in the mix. what they are helping tom create sounds awesome.

what feldmann and his friends do for blink sucks ass. if it was actually good music and not a rehash of everything else he puts his name on, i probably wouldn't care. 

that's the difference.  

• Like 3
  • Crab 3