New blink album, Tom returning?

Ghent

5 minutes ago, Drunk said:

I've never understood what's so hard to understand about that analogy, man. Because in my mind it actually makes perfect sense. Melodically a lot of their songs sound like nursery rhymes... Specially the vocals... but those songs are "on steroids" - the big guitars, the drums, etc... 

It's because his intent behind calling it that repeatedly is to minimize it and to treat it as a relic of the past rather than something that's current. 

Same reason he plays like shit live and doesn't put effort into his singing, he thinks because it represents the "wild, fun time!" of being a teenager/skater/punk or whatever he doesn't have to try.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shit Poster said:

My other thought was that there is absolutely no chance at a reunion and he's saving his pride by blaming it on another bullshit reason. 

yeah I thought that too.  Like he's already been told it isn't gonna happen so that is his random justification for it.  Meanwhile, he still gets to use blink as a way to send traffic to his site and projects.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I also like how he tries to throw the other guys under the bus, talking like they're too busy for blink too. That is bullshit dude. Mark literally flew across the ocean on a whim when you wanted to record an EP to trick the band into joining Modlife before it went tits up.

this just bums me out. 

And Travis figured out a way to route a freaking boat to take him to tour overseas, while Tom was plotting to replace him with Wackerman.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I'll keep feeding them to you too if you try to normalize calling blink-182 a nursery rhyme band!

Most nursery rhymes will follow a rhyme scheme like ABCB, where the last word in the second and third lines rhyme.

"Fuck this place

I lost the war

I hate you all

Your mom's a whore"

Tom sort of has a point ... most simple songs follow basic, nursery rhyme schemes. It doesn't diminish th

24 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Most nursery rhymes will follow a rhyme scheme like ABCB, where the last word in the second and third lines rhyme.

"Fuck this place

I lost the war

I hate you all

Your mom's a whore"

Tom sort of has a point ... most simple songs follow basic, nursery rhyme schemes. It doesn't diminish th

He's also on record saying blink fans were like babies crying for their candy back after he quit the band.

Why does he insist on painting blink as a kiddie boy band? He goes out of his way to whenever possible.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

He's also on record saying blink fans were like babies crying for their candy back after he quit the band.

Why does he insist on painting blink as a kiddie boy band? He goes out of his way to whenever possible.

Probably because he gets to see the flood of weirdo fans out there first ... while we mostly get a skewed view of a board of fans that tends to shut down the nutzos pretty quickly. You got to admit, there Probably a whole new level of crazy directed at him that we aren't privy to, can you imagine the DMs?

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

Probably because he gets to see the flood of weirdo fans out there first ... while we mostly get a skewed view of a board of fans that tends to shut down the nutzos pretty quickly. You got to admit, there Probably a whole new level of crazy directed at him that we aren't privy to, can you imagine the DMs?

Tom's Angels are pretty normal compared to those WACKO blink fans!

• Like 1

I'm amazed Ghent and JarJar managed to have a full page of ranting over possibly the most chill and level headed interview Toms given in years. 

He just said they were busy. That's not untrue. 

Travis is doing shit loads and while I'm sure blink is his priority, if this was a recent discussion he wouldn't be able to just "drop everything". Marks also been dealing with literal cancer for months and Tom is about to release an album. 

Who *isn't* busy, in this instance? I'd get the outrage in the past, but for this interview it's quite unjustified. He didn't mention AVA or TTS, he didn't wank on about blink being unimportant or him being a government secret agent nonesense, he was just like "oh we talk about it but life's complicated" 

Fuck ya'll are thirsty. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

I'm amazed Ghent and JarJar managed to have a full page of ranting over possibly the most chill and level headed interview Toms given in years. 

He just said they were busy. That's not untrue. 

Travis is doing shit loads and while I'm sure blink is his priority, if this was a recent discussion he wouldn't be able to just "drop everything". Marks also been dealing with literal cancer for months and Tom is about to release an album. 

Who *isn't* busy, in this instance? I'd get the outrage in the past, but for this interview it's quite unjustified. He didn't mention AVA or TTS, he didn't wank on about blink being unimportant or him being a government secret agent nonesense, he was just like "oh we talk about it but life's complicated" 

Fuck ya'll are thirsty. 

Yeah but Tom could murder someone and you’d come up with a way to defend it so…

• Haha 2
  • Crab 1

9 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I learned Drawing Board to impress a girl sophomore year ... she hated it. I thought about killing myself for a while after that.

I’m glad you made the decision to keep on keeping on brother! I played drums on Cadillac with some random kids in our high school talent show lol 

6 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

I’m glad you made the decision to keep on keeping on brother! I played drums on Cadillac with some random kids in our high school talent show lol 

Being young and stupid is a right of passage. 

• Love 1