New blink album, Tom returning?

Ghent

2 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

Please don’t fuck AVA over yet again. Stay where you are Tom.

So you would rather stand there and tap your foot to restless souls than rock out to feelin this with Tom and mark trading vocals live? To each their own, I guess.

6 minutes ago, Smalls said:

So you would rather stand there and tap your foot to restless souls than rock out to feelin this with Tom and mark trading vocals live? To each their own, I guess.

I don't know, I would love to do both since I've never had the pleasure of enjoying any blink or blink related shows irl. But if it was a perfect world and I get to choose then yes, I would choose an AVA concert today.

• Wow 1
  • Crab 1

17 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

I don't know, I would love to do both since I've never had the pleasure of enjoying any blink or blink related shows irl. But if it was a perfect world and I get to choose then yes, I would choose an AVA concert today.

Relax guys, he’s not a Tombot. He’s Ilan Rubin’s #1 fan. 

• Haha 2

Just now, wannabe corn dog said:

blink with both tom and skiba will never happen. neither will blink with tom and feldmann producing.

people who believe either could happen are ignoring everything we know about tom delonge. 

I can see him possibly opening up to Feldman as producer but it’s never going to be Tom and Skiba together in blink. 

21 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

blink with both tom and skiba will never happen. neither will blink with tom and feldmann producing.

people who believe either could happen are ignoring everything we know about tom delonge. 

You don't think Tom would want Matt around to play guitar to allow his arms to freely flail about?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, NeverOliver said:

You don't think Tom would want Matt around to play guitar to allow his arms to freely flail about?

not even mark and travis want skiba for his guitar playing and he's actively in the band right now. 

if tom comes back and they want a touring guitarist, they'd hire someone who can actually play the songs. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
  • Crab 2

30 minutes ago, FAPLORD said:

I can see him possibly opening up to Feldman as producer but it’s never going to be Tom and Skiba together in blink. 

I for one would love to see what Feldy and Tom would cook up together tbh. Even a Feldmann produced AVA record would be interesting as hell imo

• Like 2

Tom playing with Skiba is far more likely than Tom working with feldmann. 

Tom respects the hell out of Matt as a songwriter and I think he'd take no issue with him in that way, he may push back on being in *blink* with him but I doubt he has any real issues with Matt himself. 

He is firmly against what Feldy does, though and I think he'd struggle to work with him. 

It doesn't matter, because I highly doubt it'll happen, and neither are likely. He ain't coming back. 

• Like 4
  • Crab 1

6 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

not even mark and travis want skiba for his guitar playing and he's actively in the band right now. 

if tom comes back and they want a touring guitarist, they'd hire someone who can actually play the songs. 

Mark wouldn’t fuck skiba over like that. If blink ends up a 4 piece then skiba would stay.

Most people are talking about “ideal” situations anyway not necessarily “likely” ones. That being said it wouldn’t surprise me all that much it Tom softened up a bit about his blink position after Mark’s diagnosis and if the conversation did happen and Mark said he’d still like Skiba in the band I’d like to think Tom could put his ego aside for Mark’s sake.

• Like 1

Just now, Kay said:

He is firmly against what Feldy does, though and I think he'd struggle to work with him. 

Yeah this is true. But I think it would be interesting to hear the results anyway if they would be able to find a middle ground. Feldy is an amazing producer

• Crab 1

2 hours ago, twentytwenty said:

I for one would love to see what Feldy and Tom would cook up together tbh. Even a Feldmann produced AVA record would be interesting as hell imo

I wouldn’t mind that combo at all actually. It’s not like I enjoy what Tom’s got cooking nowadays anyways, it would be something to look forward to. 

2 hours ago, Kay said:

Tom playing with Skiba is far more likely than Tom working with feldmann. 

Tom respects the hell out of Matt as a songwriter and I think he'd take no issue with him in that way, he may push back on being in *blink* with him but I doubt he has any real issues with Matt himself. 

It doesn't matter, because I highly doubt it'll happen, and neither are likely. He ain't coming back. 

Fake news 

• Crab 1

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Mark wouldn’t fuck skiba over like that. If blink ends up a 4 piece then skiba would stay.

Most people are talking about “ideal” situations anyway not necessarily “likely” ones. That being said it wouldn’t surprise me all that much it Tom softened up a bit about his blink position after Mark’s diagnosis and if the conversation did happen and Mark said he’d still like Skiba in the band I’d like to think Tom could put his ego aside for Mark’s sake.

I just don’t think Mark would want them both and even ask that. I’m sure Skiba would graciously bow out so that Tom could come back whenever that may be, if that might ever be. 

• Like 2

my predictions are often incorrect but i really see it all going down like this:

we get one more album in the same style of Nine. a hundred songwriters, feldmann producing, and occasional skiba yells. they do a longer tour for it and go to europe. afterwards, we hear nothing for months. skiba then leaves gracefully and we never hear about feldmann again.

tom rejoins and they attempt to make another album together in the same studio with chris holmes. tom only commits to a few weeks and then records the rest of it in san diego with aaron rubin.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, wannabe corn dog said:

my predictions are often incorrect but i really see it all going down like this:

we get one more album in the same style of Nine. a hundred songwriters, feldmann producing, and occasional skiba yells. they do a longer tour for it and go to europe. afterwards, we hear nothing for months. skiba then leaves gracefully and we never hear about feldmann again.

tom rejoins and they attempt to make another album together in the same studio with chris holmes. tom only commits to a few weeks and then records the rest of it in san diego with aaron rubin.

Sounds like it could be accurate, but as long as we get blink back in some capacity we should all be thankful and celebrate because that would mean Mark is okay and healthy. But man I already feel so old at 34 and the blink dudes are even older, the thought of waiting that long and imagining a 50 year old Tom DeLonge rejoining blink just seems weird to me lol. And as much as I am not excited about the Skiba era, that scenario isn’t very exciting except for the novelty of Tom being back in the band. But it’s never gonna be like it was in their prime, that was a long time ago my friends 

7 hours ago, M!ke said:

Funny how his attitude changed in time; Tom would shit on and dismiss blink after he left the band in 2005 all the time, saying it was just a juvenile band that only sang about fucking dogs. Now he's saying like the opposite, blink is too important of a band and they should be careful not to taint it's legacy.  Pick a lane lol.

this is what’s so frustrating to me as a fan. he always thinks of the band in past tense. there’s a way to progress and move forward while celebrating the legacy. he’s just too lazy to find it. it’s why it took two years to finish the new AVA album. 

tom will be back in blink before you know it, but as i see it, it’ll be much like it was before. you just wish they could communicate better but i just think the ship has sailed for all three. it’s just a weird situation 

• Like 4