Personal Messages to Mark

Ghent

So we’ve raised $1,665 in only a few days for the LA Children’s Hospital. I’m going to turn the money over to Mark soon in the name of blink-182online.

Post your short message of goodwill here and I will link this thread to the donation. Any off topic posts will be deleted.

Thanks everyone for all the donations. It blew me away how fast this all happened, I never would have expected it. And I hope that more will be on the way!

G’day Mark! Thank you for everything you do! You’re one amazing human being who has changed the life of so many people! I wouldn’t be who I am without you. Wishing you all the best in the future! Kick this illness in the ass. Thanks again!

Wishing you the absolute best Mark. These boards may lean toward the hostile side at times, but we’ve been with you from the beginning. Can’t wait to see blink out on tour again! Thank you for everything 

• Like 1

Thanks for brightening up our lives for so long throughout the years, Mark. You put so much good into the world and the whole world’s got your back. I hope you recover as soon as possible. Love you!

• Like 1

Mark, 

Thank you for everything. We're all thinking of you, and we hope you find comfort in us trying to help others alongside you. Get well soon. 

• Like 1

Mark thank you so much for everything you have done culturally and musically with your music and the impact that you have been making both with Blink and your other musical projects!

You are an absolute hero and legend! I hope that you are safe and that you will recover soon! 

Thank you Mark 😃

Mark, you awoke parts of me I wasn’t even aware of - making me the person I am now ( for better or worse, you decide). You are the best of what humanity is about. We all simply love and cherish you so much. I could waffle on but I don’t have the vernacular. You’ve got this. I love and believe in you.

Your friend Bagel x (James Corden) 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

We love you Mark! You're a hero to us all, and I know for a fact my life would be significantly different right now if I hadn't discovered blink-182 as a teenager. I wouldn't have some of my best friends in the world and most important people in my life if it weren't for our shared love of your music that brought us together. Thank you for making all of our lives a little happier. We're all cheering for you, and can't wait to see you in concert again soon!

• Like 1

Hi Mark - thanks so much for all the great music and memories! you've made such a positive impact on the music world and beyond. i wish you only the very best, get well soon. thinking of you :) 

• Like 1

I can't imagine what you're going through right now, but us fans appreciate everything you've created and shared with us over the decades. Blink was my gateway drug to rock and roll and pop-punk, and exposed me to loads of other great bands as well. You're one of the main reasons behind that, and I am forever grateful. I hope you get well soon. All the best, Mark. 

Mark,

You're an icon.  I have chills writing this. 

You've brought happiness to so many of us.  Growing up, my parents would ask me to give them blink-182 tickets on their birthdays and holidays.  As I grew older, I realized the whole point behind it was just so that they could take joy in seeing the happiness on my face that your band gave to me at shows.  My mom drove hours, on her birthday, to take me to my first blink-182 concert, and I will never forget that.  Thank you.

Cancer is tough, and it is a battle that is unique for each individual that has to go through the journey to recovery.  There is a season for giving and a season for receiving, and right now, it is for sure your season for receiving.  You've given us so much: decades of joy, emotion, laughter, and iconic guitar riffs to play ..loudly.. in our basements.  No fan of yours would be the same person without you pursuing your dreams.  We are all here for you now, and we always will be, because you are going to beat this.

Much love.  Best of luck.

Clarke

• Like 2
  • Love 6
  • Wow 2

Hi Mark, just wanted to say thank you for all the influence you have been in my life, growing up its hard but blink´s music just makes a nicer, funnier, incredible life. Happier and healthier times will come and we are all here rooting for you. As an human being, as a musician, as a professional, i admire you and always will.