Olympics

Dylan_

Surprised we haven’t had an Olympics thread started! Anyone been watching? Iknow it was a weird build up with Covid but I’ve thoroughly enjoyed it so far.

The Aussie women killed it in the pool and Caeleb Dressel is incredible. And I don’t think anyone saw Italy taking the men’s 100m sprint. It’s been a huge year for Italy in the sporting world!

• Like 2

I love the Olympic swimming and I always watch the Olympics as much as I can. 
Skateboarding was pretty fun last week and the high jump today was an amazing Olympic moment. Probably my favourite Olympic thing ever. 

• Like 2

I’ve been watching a lot of it, but probably less than normal due to time differences and stuff getting spoiled. Stayed up until 2:30am last night watching the golf final. Xander with the gold 🤘🏼

Watching gymnastics right now but already had it spoiled this morning

I've been watching it here and there, but not as much as usual because I'm busy with helping my mom get her house ready to move. It's fun though, I'm not really a sports guy at all but I do enjoy the Olypmics. I went to the US Track and Field Olympic Trials back in June, because they're always (always almost at least) held in my city. It's the only public event I've attended since February 2020 haha. It was pretty cool.

I definitely prefer the Winter Olympics. I think it’s because of the time of year though. In the summer, other shit is going on and it’s harder to pay attention and commit to it. In the winter, nothing is going on and it’s an outlet of excitement when I’m bored. There’s something nice about being cooped up watching the Winter Olympics.

• Like 2

yeah, it was underwhelming because they only 45 seconds to get the most points ad they all played safe, instead of going for big with impressive tricks which take multiple tries and falls to get right, but it was nice to finally see skeatboarding at the Olympics. The camaraderie and support all the skaters give each other is great to watch.
Park skateboarding should be more fun this week. 

7 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

It's wild that we're going to have another Olympics in six months. I actually think I slightly prefer the Winter Olympics so I'm excited for that.

For a lot of the track and field events, I find myself thinking, "this would be more entertaining if they were on skates." 😂

30 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Normally love the Olympics but the lack of crowd and the nonsense with the masks has put me off. I’ve watched bits of it but not as interested as past games

What mask nonsense? You see masks on the sidelines and stuff, but unless you have a weird obsession with masks, they're really not that prominent most of the time.

I’ve been watching just WAG mostly, but some highlights here and there of swimming and volleyball. It’s odd not having crowds, but that doesn’t change my enjoyment of it really.

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

For a lot of the track and field events, I find myself thinking, "this would be more entertaining if they were on skates." 😂

What mask nonsense? You see masks on the sidelines and stuff, but unless you have a weird obsession with masks, they're really not that prominent most of the time.

They get their medals with masks on. It’s just doing my head in and turning me off. I’d like to see their faces and see the emotion on their face while the anthems are playing etc 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

who watches the Olympics for the crowds? doesn't affect my viewing experience whatsoever whether there is a live audience or not.

It adds atmosphere ffs. Who the fuck wants to watch sport in empty stadiums? It’s really not hard to understand. I don’t know if you’re a sporty person but sports need atmosphere pal

• Like 1