Blink Golf Poster

Ghent

Long shot here, but does anyone happen to have this poster for sale or know where I could get my hands on one? I haven’t seen one on EBay in ages. Not even sure what this was promoting at the time.

I’ve been after this poster for like 10 years now and have probably asked about it before. Figured I would try again 

FB50D531-B115-474E-BD54-4776501C35AE.jpeg

I saw this same exact picture on sale on ebay last week while doing my research on the timeline (however it was an advert in a magazine promoting Dude Ranch becoming gold), I'll definitely keep looking if I stumble on one

Also cool fun fact : this picture was taken at the MTV Sports and Music Festival in 1997 (more precisely 18th October 1997)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Ghent said:

Long shot here, but does anyone happen to have this poster for sale or know where I could get my hands on one? I haven’t seen one on EBay in ages. Not even sure what this was promoting at the time.

I’ve been after this poster for like 10 years now and have probably asked about it before. Figured I would try again.

FB50D531-B115-474E-BD54-4776501C35AE.jpeg

this was mid cycle dude ranch. on the black and white promo photo it says 1/98, which means the photo was likely taken at the end of 1997. the photographer credited is michael levine. mark is wearing the HAWAII shirt that i saw him wear during many live shows in late 1997.

clip.jpg

the photo appears to have been shot in a parking lot in LA. the image was used extensively for advertising in the first half of 1998, especially on australian tour dates.

98-OZ-poster.jpg

and on the AU josie CD single.

josieCD.jpg

it was also used to promote the last los angeles date with scott, which i was at.

05-01-98.jpg

on some of those australian posters a slightly wider crop of the image was used, and you can see a car parked in the distance.

clip2.jpg

i have one of these posters, but years ago it got damaged. so i cut it up and collaged it into some scrapbook stuff.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

this picture was taken at the MTV Sports and Music Festival in 1997 (more precisely 18th October 1997)

what's your source on that? because mark wore that blue hat and hawaii shirt endlessly during the fall of 1997. it seems highly unlikely that a MCA label photographer accompanied them to texas for that show.

18 hours ago, daveyjones said:

what's your source on that? because mark wore that blue hat and hawaii shirt endlessly during the fall of 1997. it seems highly unlikely that a MCA label photographer accompanied them to texas for that show.

My source is from one of the interviews that they did during that show and Tom is wearing the same Billabong shirt/ Mark is wearing the same blue hat and Hawaiian shirt (also Scott is wearing the same black shirt on the above press photo).

Actually an element worth noting is that Tom is wearing blue Dickies pants in the interview (in the press photo he's wearing khakis pants) : in my archives, they wore different outfits throughout the day as I have proof of two other interviews (one clip with Carson Daly where they are wearing the same exact outfits minus Scott who is wearing a white shirt and another clip where Tom and Mark are wearing polo shirts)

At 3:40 for the whole band 

4:05 with the blue hat and Hawaiian shirt

4:19 with the classic Billabong shirt

7 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

My source is from one of the interviews that they did during that show and Tom is wearing the same Billabong shirt/ Mark is wearing the same blue hat and Hawaiian shirt (also Scott is wearing the same black shirt on the above press photo).

sure sure i have a VHS rip of this broadcast. good detective work. they all wore those clothes all the time, so i'm still skeptical. i'd say "this picture was possibly taken in austin tx at the MTV sports and music festival."

i'll ask mark about it and see if he remembers.

Sorry, I don't know where you can get one now, but my best advice is to keep an eye on eBay. I have one signed by Tom and Scott (and the Gold one that Thibaut mentioned). I saw one on eBay earlier this year, but it definitely comes up less than the Dude Ranch artwork/3D logo poster. Good luck!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

While doing my research for the timeline, I found this VHS using the golf picture that hasn't been posted previously!

This VHS was released around June 1998 as it mentions the KROQ Weenie Roast show on June 20th and is promoting the "Josie" single

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images1/1/0116/17/blink-182-josie-vhs-sealed-super_1_40f3d2211156096a3ef6eb7116bcceff.jpg

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/images3/1/0116/17/blink-182-josie-vhs-sealed-super_1_40f3d2211156096a3ef6eb7116bcceff.jpg

On 10/4/2021 at 8:18 PM, daveyjones said:

both those links come up as "403 Forbidden."

but if it's this tape, i have one:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/blink-182-josie-dammit-promo-video-1880664619

My bad, hope the link works! It's this one!

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/blink-182-josie-vhs-sealed-super-1796345164

Found this advert for Josie again using the golf promo shoot picture!

s-l1600.jpg

• 2 weeks later...