OG Flyswatter?

Ghent

I'm not an expert or even knowledgeable at all about this stuff but I remember reading somewhere that real Flyswatter cassettes had no writing on them because they were done in such a rush, so the tape would be blank.

I've also seen one (online) where the text looks a little different, I'm not sure which would be the real version (or if both are or if neither are).

I'd be skeptical but also I don't really know anything! 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, mahtmd said:

I'm not an expert or even knowledgeable at all about this stuff but I remember reading somewhere that real Flyswatter cassettes had no writing on them because they were done in such a rush, so the tape would be blank.

I've also seen one (online) where the text looks a little different, I'm not sure which would be the real version (or if both are or if neither are).

I'd be skeptical but also I don't really know anything! 

Yeah, they said the writing on cassette would have been added later. I have no idea either, that's why I posted. Would be a bummer if Flyswatter was getting scammed on

3 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Weird question I somehow missed over the years - what is the design on the cover of Flyswatter supposed to be? I always thought it looked like the Atlanta Braves logo haha

0C2340_1200x630_aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uc3RhdG11

It's a close up from under a microscope I'm pretty sure. 

6 hours ago, Ghent said:

@daveyjones and/or any knowledgeable collectors:

Had a fan send these pics over on Instagram. They believe this to be an original Flyswatter. Looks pretty legit.

What are your thoughts? Safe to say it’s the real deal?

oh i forgot one other thing. i'd tend to believe it's fake because the tape is a production blank (no markings at all). you couldn't buy tapes like that at the store. all the flyswatters were hand dubbed at home on commercial cassettes. mine (real tape), for instance, is memorex. looks like this:

7ei4i25b54z01.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Champ182 said:

Weird question I somehow missed over the years - what is the design on the cover of Flyswatter supposed to be? I always thought it looked like the Atlanta Braves logo haha

0C2340_1200x630_aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uc3RhdG11

Haha that is a really good question and it has honestly never crossed my mind. I guess ive always looked at it and thought: “damn that looks like shit but awesome!”

• Like 1