Matt Blink vs New AVA (Dream Walker onwards)

Kay

Matt Blink vs New AVA (Dream Walker onwards)  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you fall

• Love AVA, Love all Blink, it's all good, yum yum give it to me!
    • Hate new AVA, love new blink
    • Love new AVA, Hate new blink
    • It's all fucking dreadful.

I'm curious and we haven't had a poll in a while.

Since Tom left, he's done AVA and it sounds different to the older albums, Dream Walker onwards is heavily Ilan inspired and is a noticeable departure.

Like wise, since Tom left and Matt's in blink, California onwards is very different to older blink.

I'm curious what camps are created, so fill out the poll.

Ya'll know I surprisingly like new AVA and despise old blink, I'm just curious how it breaks down. 

I wouldn’t say I hate new AVA. Hate is a strong word. It’s more that I’m completely uninterested in it. AVA sucks, they’ve sucked for a long time now, and they will almost certainly continue to suck.

So it’s just a “meh” situation at this point 

• Like 1

Just now, Ghent said:

I wouldn’t say I hate new AVA. Hate is a strong word. It’s more that I’m completely uninterested in it. AVA sucks, they’ve sucked for a long time now, and they will almost certainly continue to suck.

So it’s just a “meh” situation at this point 

Yeah that's how I feel, I don't think any of the poll questions quite hit it for me haha. I sometimes check out a song or two from each AVA release because it's Tom Delonge. I don't HATE it, it's interesting due to its place in Blinkland, but if it wasn't Tom Delonge I would never even decide to press play.

As for Blink, my standards are SO much higher so I feel way more disappointment about where they've gone, but it's still probably equal-to-better than AVA. Big ol' pile of "meh" all around haha

• Like 1

9 hours ago, daveyjones said:

this gave me a great saturday chuckle. i spit my coffee up.

I meant genre crossing and fucking around.

New Blink obviously has better overall quality. But California + Deluxe was just one genre and Nine was just a bit more of +44 and Alk3. Not really groundbreaking stuff but still enjoyable. Drums get more impressive every Blink release though. 

On 9/19/2021 at 12:52 PM, bojangles said:

I prefer the new AVA over the current blink but it still isn't all that great, the best thing to come out of Matt's blink is that Is This Thing Cursed? is the best Trio album we gotten since Good Mourning. 

i'd agree that the best work matt has done since joining blink is the new alk3 album. it squashes NINE like a grape.

• Like 1

There have been multiple blink songs since Matt joined that are better than anything Tom has ever released with AVA.

This latest AVA album is okay, but only in comparison to a decades worth of total shit.

There are two or three good songs on the latest album, but it’s only commendable because the expectation is absolute rock bottom trash.

I’m glad he took a step in the right direction but let’s not get carried away.

• Like 2
  • Crab 2