Matt Blink vs New AVA (Dream Walker onwards)

Kay

Matt Blink vs New AVA (Dream Walker onwards)  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you fall

• Love AVA, Love all Blink, it's all good, yum yum give it to me!
    • Hate new AVA, love new blink
    • Love new AVA, Hate new blink
    • It's all fucking dreadful.

On 9/26/2021 at 10:33 AM, raw_sounds said:

Waay closer to Travis Barker new pop-punk era than AvA or Alk3 

Yeah it makes me wonder even IF Tom miraculously re-joined the band again, and he and Mark were on the same page and wanted to just write music straight from the heart like the old days with no goals of industry relevancy or regaining chart success or keeping the pop punk crown or any of the things that led to Cali, Deluxe, and Nine, would Travis even be onboard with that? He's in full famewhore mode and clearly aims for the LA socialite spotlight and social media buzz. He seems like more of an outlier than ever lately.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Overall I still prefer new blink to new AVA but I like both of them. Neither band is as good as they once were and that's fine. I'll always be grateful that I still have chances to get to see them live. (even though I'm not seeing AVA on this current tour. Still a bit wary of concerts with the COVID situation still being so bad)

16 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Anyone know if Alkaline Trio has been up to anything while blink has been taking a break? 

this song is so damn good i want more pls

Matt said they’ve been writing some new stuff while doing press for the upcoming tour.

• Love 1

AvA is like really mediocre music in the grand scheme of things with a few good Tom moments and 1 good song for every 20 bad ones.  But it's still music. It does feel like the band being true to selves and writing stuff, despite it's oddness. 3.5/10 stuff.

Prime Blink, +44, Boxcar, that was obviously the time and a staple to our lives. 11/10 stuff.

New blink is utter junk for what it is with very very occasional Mark moments that can sound nice on the ears but feel pointless at the end of the day and has zero depth. It's just like modern green day except missing a member.

1/10.