Happy 10th birthday..

twentytwenty

15 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I do love this album. It’s not my fav and it’s issues are quite glaring to me tbh but I still do really enjoy most of the songs. The hype season leading up to it was also one of the more exciting times to be a blink fan.

It really was. This album has been my go to blink album since its release right until nine came out and tied the spot for car blink album

I love Neighborhoods and especially the memories surrounding the buildup to it. Up All Night was a weak comeback single choice in retrospect but it was still SO exciting listening to it for the first time. Also seeing blink live the summer before the record came out and getting to hear them play Up All Night, Hearts All Gone, Ghost on the Dancefloor, and After Midnight, all before the album was released. That was amazing. Now blink doesn't even play new songs after their albums come out (*cough*California Deluxe songs*cough*)

The hype for the reunion was so fun. That was such a great time to be a blink fan. I love this album but the memories associated with it are almost the best part to me.

• Like 7

Realistically, it's one of their lesser albums, but you can't help but dig the one offness of it. It's such a glorious clusterfuck of a moment and a growing moment for many of us (all good things do in fact come to an end).

Fat Tom live on Letterman or whatever was still one of the most painful moments of my life.

It was so hard to comprehend the 'emptiness' feeling you got watching them reunite, why wasn't it the same? 0nly to understand (sort of) years later. 

I'll never forget listening to that in my dorm and then DED, everyone was in the same bittersweet bliss of new blink.

Aged best:

1. Kaleidoscope

2. Natives

3. Even If She Falls

4. Wishing Well

5. LID

6. Ghost

7. Hearts All Gone

8. MH

9. Up All Night

10. This Is Home YOU LIE. YOU LIE TOM.

• Like 2

Great album that’s disjointed as hell and made by guys in separate studios. Still some magic to be found there though.

Cringe af - but listening to Neighbourhoods in a city/urban centre at night elevates it. HAG interlude makes everyone feel like a stranger 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Maddey said:

I love this record

I was in high school when it came out. Still have such vivid memories from when I listened to it for the first time because I went from hating blink to loving them in a day, lol. Can’t believe it’s been ten years

Go on...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Depf said:

The first blink album without a single memorable lead riff/funny subject matter.

On the plusside, the shows were surreal during this time. Unbelievable.

The enthusiasm, the professionalism, the guitar tone.

Words cannot do the cringe justice.

We all miss old blink but it's time we stopped acting like there was a single person on earth that thought:" Wow! this is certainly not a total disappointment after the past few albums". yes yes, it aged better than wtf ever.

This album at its best moments is AVA with a capable singer.

HAG intro and This is home are bangers though.

Eh, I don't agree with one word. Ever since it came out it's been my go to album 

17 minutes ago, Depf said:

Blink concert goers hate neighborhoods. 

I double dare anybody to tell me blink 2011 was half the show compared to both earlier and now. Delonge still owes me money

I honestly couldn't give a fuck about blink concert goers, I said that it was my go to album since it was released.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I always like this album more than Untitled. As far as I know I'm the only one who felt this way here ... maybe @daveyjones as well ... I was just never a big Untitled fan. Now, don't get me wrong, Untitled is a decent album but Neighboorhoods just hit me the right way.

yea for me neighborhoods > untitled. the lyrics felt mature and attuned to the ages of the writers, for the most part. unsurprisingly, mark's material is superior to tom's.

14 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

yea for me neighborhoods > untitled. the lyrics felt mature and attuned to the ages of the writers, for the most part. unsurprisingly, mark's material is superior to tom's.

Mark has two misfires for me on Neighborhoods, Fighting the Gravity and MH 8675309. MH I can listen to but it always just sort of ends up somewhere in the background and I never pay attention to it. FtG gets skipped everytime though, I hate the style and it's too dull for me. People seem to like it though, good on them but it's on par with Tom's I'm Lost Without You for me.

• Like 1