real keyboard warriors

Jan Backing Track

What's your favorite piano rockstar song?  Is it Tiny Dancer by EJ?  Maybe Honesty by Billy Joel? Armstrong?  Who has the biggest penis in the piano rockstar category?

I'd have to say Elton John takes the crown as artist overall - he spans across any generation better.

Song: I'd probably have to go Tiny Dancer or Levon although Big Shot, Honesty, and Are you ready for love are my piano hits.  I like Ben Folds, he has good blink-ish humor.

Yours?

15 minutes ago, Emo Pickles said:

What's your favorite piano rockstar song?  Is it Tiny Dancer by EJ?  Maybe Honesty by Billy Joel? Armstrong?  Who has the biggest penis in the piano rockstar category?

I'd have to say Elton John takes the crown as artist overall - he spans across any generation better.

Song: I'd probably have to go Tiny Dancer or Levon although Big Shot, Honesty, and Are you ready for love are my piano hits.  I like Ben Folds, he has good blink-ish humor.

Yours?

Probably Daniel, the live version from 1979 in russia when it's only only him and a piano. The live version of sad songs say so much from the 1989 tour is pretty amazing as well

great thread title, Jan.

Scenes from an Italian Restaurant is my favorite Billy Joel song, but i'm a casual fan of him in general. haven't listened to much Elton besides his hits and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, but i like him too. i listened to Ben Folds a lot in high school / college.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

Some people might make fun of Billy Joel, but I have always been a huuuge fan of his. His music is endlessly innovative and smart. 

He's fucking brilliant, can be super fun and energetic or heart breakingly poignant. This is probably my favourite Billy Joel jam -

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Elisa said:

Some people might make fun of Billy Joel, but I have always been a huuuge fan of his. His music is endlessly innovative and smart. 

I think he's great, I just think Elton John gets the slight edge because he can span across any generation a bit better.

Billy Joel I will admit gets a tad annoying due to his high energy/enthusiasm can be cheesy, but I never hate on him like many do.

Elton - Sting - Billy Joel is forsure a playlist I put on if I ever want to get laid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Emo Pickles said:

I think he's great, I just think Elton John gets the slight edge because he can span across any generation a bit better.

Billy Joel I will admit gets a tad annoying due to his high energy/enthusiasm can be cheesy, but I never hate on him like many do.

Elton - Sting - Billy Joel is forsure a playlist I put on if I ever want to get laid.

Yeah billy is great, Elton’s just a better overall songwriter imo

• Like 1

14 hours ago, A Bun With No Patent said:

Elton has more appeal, but as I got older and got more into music and began paying more attention to lyrics, I became a much bigger Billy Joel fan. I feel like his writing is more diverse and his lyrics are more vivid. His incorporation of styles from other genres of music (especially when he was on his 50s kick) brings a totally different feel to his music than the more stylistically consistent Elton John.

I will say though that the best piano man and my favorite old songwriter has always been Warren Zevon. He's so slept on, his entire discography is a gem. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Defo this magnificent bastard 

@Elisa you a fan?

Magnificent is the roght word here.

I used to be obsessed with his music between 2006 and 2009/10 and it would be the only thing I'd listen to for a whole day sometimes. I don't listen to it often at all anymore probably because I'm so tired out on it, but I'll always love Ludovico and his music. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Can we turn this into a Piano song thread? I’m a fucking sucker for the piano

Fuck aye, let's do it. 

With all the Ben Folds talk, I went on a binge. Still shocked by how stunning and wonderful this song is.