How come Scott Raynor didn't have Song Writing credits on Cheshire Cat?

Brannigan

6 hours ago, Action said:

to each their own - to my point those songs would have been very different songs not just recordings and I think that was pretty clear to the band. I do think Scott is under appreciated though. his playing although simple was actually quite stylistic in the way that Tom’s guitar playing was/is. 

I don't think Travis had much effect on Odi or Richard Cheese's versions for example. I think covers are more relevant than the original in these situations. 

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

No more than any of the other Scott era songs. 

I mean the lyrics. Wasnt Josie written by Scott?
I know Mark takes the credit but I remember seeing something about this.... oh heck, IDK. Theres too many things about Blink on the internet

3 minutes ago, saco0o said:

I mean the lyrics. Wasnt Josie written by Scott?
I know Mark takes the credit but I remember seeing something about this.... oh heck, IDK. Theres too many things about Blink on the internet

I have honestly never heard that but that's not saying too much. I'm oblivious to a lot of the Blink inner-workings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I have honestly never heard that but that's not saying too much. I'm oblivious to a lot of the Blink inner-workings.

Me 3 minutes ago: "where did I read that..... let me google it. Oh... here... Ah, its from the same forum. Aaah, its that guy that is always saying some BS....

Jävla

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Do punk aficionados consider Scott a great artist of the genre? I always thought he was mostly a local-band-level drummer who gave Blink's early music an adequate foundation but nothing more than that. But I'm not keyed into the intricacies of that style of drumming, am I missing something?

3 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Do punk aficionados consider Scott a great artist of the genre? I always thought he was mostly a local-band-level drummer who gave Blink's early music an adequate foundation but nothing more than that. But I'm not keyed into the intricacies of that style of drumming, am I missing something?

No but he's a solid punk drummer. I prefer his style to Travis 'cause I like drums that aren't particularly flashy but he isn't someone I would classify as a great artist.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2021 at 6:23 AM, Champ182 said:

I loved What he did in Blink. I'm not a Punk Aficionado, but For Blink, I thought he was great (excellent even), and a contributing factor to the quality and overall sound of that era. He was Straightforward, Hard-hitting, Heavy and Intense, and Groovy (especially on songs like Voyeur, Waggy, and the Beginning of I'm Sorry); Really love his Drumming, in terms of "Feel" and how he serves the songs, rather than Flash, Complexity and pure technical ability. 

I can't say for sure about him in terms of artistry, but I loved what he did on 21 Days, in Particular. His Driving and Pummelling Double Kick Beat and the quiet to Loud Snare drumming here helps Bring out the evocative mood of the melodic Bass, Guitars, and Tom's singing; carrying them into a 4 min. rollercoaster of Melancholy. I felt his fills in that song were Great and Appropriate, and also small touches of Cymbal work near the end with the China and the Hi-hat (More noticeable on the Remaster, but the Double Kick is more coherent on the Original Demo).

And quite Honestly, any Musician is as Local-Band level as the bands/ Gigs they're playing in, no matter how great they are. I would think that, Either you Land a High-Profile Gig(s) like Blink or the Aqua Bats, or Continually build the Branding of a band beyond playing local shows.

• Like 2