Dreamwalker vs Lifeforms

Kay

Dreamwalker vs Lifeforms  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Which album do you prefer?

• Dream Walker
    • Lifeforms
    • Like/dislike them both equally

So I'm asking because I can't actually decide and I'm curious how others feel.

I quite liked Dream Walker a lot. as an album it feels more consistent and cohesive, the songs work together well and as an album there's not a lot of total 'duds', but the collection of songs themselves aren't exactly amazing.

On the flipside, Lifeforms has a lot of bad songs, some definite skips / "I'll never play this again" type songs, but it also has quite a few that I like more than any individual song on Dream Walker. So it doesn't deliver for me as a 'record', but a lot of the songs on it I'm happy to keep and respin unlike a lot of Dream Walker.

as a result, they're kind of tied for me., or at least I'm constantly changing my mind As someone who doesn't like literally any other AVA album, their last two records (and their EPs) have been an interesting experience for me. 

What do others think? 

34 minutes ago, twentytwenty said:

Lifeforms is stronger as a whole with less instant skip tracks - kiss with a spell and the Wolfpack, I'm looking at you!

But both albums is strong imo, but neither can give either of the love albums a fight.

The Disease on dream walker is a top ten AVA song for me 

I love Kiss With A Spell haha, Probably one of my favourites from that record. My skippables are tremors and paralysed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kay said:

I love Kiss With A Spell haha, Probably one of my favourites from that record. My skippables are tremors and paralysed.

Paralyzed have actually grown on me, I thing that live version from a couple of years ago helped. But damn what an anticlimactic comeback single that was though. Imagine seeing it from my point of view: an Ava fan that love all they’ve previously had done, coming from what I think is their best album to date, and then, finally after a bunch of years anticipation they release fucking paralyzed 🤣

Ive always viewed kiss with a spell as a worse breath 👀

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...